+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (Season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Anywhere else the idiots with the camera's would be arrested. Its one thing to be in the open... walking down the street. And another to be driving and have 8 SUV's block you in... with the drivers of those SUV's taking pictures and DRIVING THOSE half ton vehicles at the same time. How many of them nearly ran Jessica over?! Just to get a picture? The idiots already had "their" picture. Jessica said it best is that the idiots really wanted was to have her get pissed and flip them off. Cause that would really sell.

I saw all those other cars on the road, trying to avoid getting run over. I kept thinking some innocent driver minding their own business was going to get ran over & killed by those idiots. Where exactly are the police in this town? Can you image ever driving that aggresive and not getting caught at it? Yet here we had 8 vehicles doing it in Beverly Hills and not one cop in sight... Amazing.
    I think it would be interesting if the Beverly Hills PD suddenly decided to use the tape as a way of identifying the offending paparazzi. Charge them. If police can use surveillance cameras or news film to identify college rowdies, then why don't these people fall into the same category? Isn't there any remaining backlash from Princess Diana's death? If someone tried to block a car to precipitate a crash, that would be insurance fraud and they get arrested. Not much difference as far as I can see.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

The two instances I thought were uncalled for were the teenagers ringing the doorbell and the SUV incident, mainly because it could've injured Jessica, Nick, or their property (Jessica was noticeably worried about her car when the teens arrived). The other times I didn't feel bad for them, mainly because Newlyweds shows every aspect of their lives, excluding the bedroom, so why are they complaining now? I could sympathize with Diana and Dodi's incident, or even Ben Affleck walking to get the paper in his undies, because they do their films and go home, and we don't see them at home. Jess and Nick we see. They've made their private sphere accessible to us. I like Nick and I like Jessica, but their complaints didn't make me pity them.

That Lasik episode was just scary. Did Cacee pay for her own surgery?
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I love Nick and just melt at the beginning of each episode when he gets that sweet grin on his face when she walks down the aisle. I hope his carreer takes off too I can't wait to see him on charmed!

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    That Lasik episode was just scary. Did Cacee pay for her own surgery?
    I don't think either of them paid. Did you notice the Doctor's named plaster all over the front of the machine he was using? Including the office phone number. It was HUGE. I suspect he took all that free advertising as payment.

What was so typical... Jessica whining non stop afterwards. And the Doctor had gave the girl 2 Valiums to get her ready! I doubt she even knew she had eyeball's with 2 valium in her! I had truly expect Jessica to fall off her platform sandal's on the way out to the car to leave.

the last 4 digits of the Dr's phone number were blurred out in all the shots I looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by deny
    They sure don't seem as happy this season. I think I have seen them touch maybe twice so far. The honeymoon is definately over.

It usually is after a year! It definitely changes almost 180 degrees a year later. Somewhere around 9 months...I would say...
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

it's been a rough season so far...

Lot's of complaining. I know that it can't be easy to lose your privacy like that, but the titanium amex card would help to soften the blow!!!

I thought I was the only one who noticed the "pickle debacle"...I don't care WHO you are....if you take a bite and don't want the rest of it, throw it out!!!!

YUCK! :phhht
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

the debate they were having at the restaurant about Hooters girls was typical male/ female perspective differences.
    Guys are generally realistic. They know that working at Hooters is not necessarily a sign that a girl is cheap or a slut.

Girls are generally much more blinded by fairy tale mentality combined with being threatened by other sexy women whom they feel are competition for their men.
    I thought Nick's comments were logical and sound, and Jessica's reaction was naive and sad.

Jessica said that if a woman didn't want to be a slut she should get a rich boyfriend instead of working at Hooters.

In my opinion, it is much more empowering for a woman to work at Hooters than to mooch off a rich boyfriend.

my fave Jessica quote from this segment:
    "Just because a woman is a gold digger doesn't mean she's a prostitute"

Broad generalizations are fun!

Seriously, I'm no fan of Jessica Simpson by a long shot, but you're getting awfully stereotypical, no?

stereotyping isn't nearly as bad as people think.

I was careful to use the word 'generally'.
    but you have to agree, the generalizations I used are true in your own experience as well, correct?

+ Reply to Thread