+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica (Season 3)

I saw the epsisode today where they went to the derby...If Jess only knew how ridiculous she looked in that hat...ugh..

Once again Nick's brother Drew & his wife were along for the trip..has anyone ever noticed how depressed Nicks brother & wife act? It must be hard for them to see Nick & Jess get so much, when those two don't seem to have much at all..their house looks like a regular middle class type house, apparently Drew didn't make too much money from the 98 degrees days..or maybe they spent it all....And surely Drew could do better than that wife of his, she's not very much in the looks department, those teeth of hers....Oh nevermind......

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I was wondering what being an executive producer of a TV show involves, and if Jessica's dad's credit as one was for real or just an "ego stroke" written into her contract to make her dad look important. If it's a real title and he has a lot of say in what the content of the show is, then her father must be some kind of sick pervert. Think about how many times per episode there is a shot where the camera is focused on her chest or some other body part and you'll understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I was wondering what being an executive producer of a TV show involves, and if Jessica's dad's credit as one was for real or just an "ego stroke" written into her contract to make her dad look important. If it's a real title and he has a lot of say in what the content of the show is, then her father must be some kind of sick pervert. Think about how many times per episode there is a shot where the camera is focused on her chest or some other body part and you'll understand what I mean.
    I actually saw an interview with Daddy Joe talking about this exact thing. Now from what I gather. He was behind the show being made and sold to MTV. That he is actually in the thick of it. But he has had to let others do the editing of the footage.

He stated as a "father" there are alot of shots he would rather not let on the air... that do make it to the aired show. And I have made a earlier comment how weird I found it he was obsessed with Jessica's sex life and seems to have no interest in Ashlee's.

I would tend to believe MTV rattles their wallet and Daddy Joe is not going to screw up a good thing. Those early shows were alot tamer. The longer the series has ran, the better the footage has gotten. You notice there are no more mini interviews of Jessica just talking to the camera.

And has anyone seen the new Vanity Fair? There is a good article-interview about Jessica... with some interesting photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I saw the epsisode today where they went to the derby...If Jess only knew how ridiculous she looked in that hat...ugh..

Once again Nick's brother Drew & his wife were along for the trip..has anyone ever noticed how depressed Nicks brother & wife act? It must be hard for them to see Nick & Jess get so much, when those two don't seem to have much at all..their house looks like a regular middle class type house, apparently Drew didn't make too much money from the 98 degrees days..or maybe they spent it all....And surely Drew could do better than that wife of his, she's not very much in the looks department, those teeth of hers....Oh nevermind......
    Now I don't see Drew taking any prizes in a beauty contest. Him and his wife seem to be a good couple. Considering they all live in California... I would be willing to bet that Drew and the wife paid ungodly amount of money for that house. Its on a nice size lot with a well manicure neighborhood. And there is nothing cheap about home owning in that part of California.

Now I also read (current Vanity Fair article)... that 98 Degree's sold 10 million albums! I would have never thought it. So that should have left all those boy band'ers with a nice chuck of change considering how much they toured. And if Drew is as tight as Nick is about spending money... neither one of them will be getting a 9-5 job.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Now I don't see Drew taking any prizes in a beauty contest. Him and his wife seem to be a good couple. Considering they all live in California... I would be willing to bet that Drew and the wife paid ungodly amount of money for that house. Its on a nice size lot with a well manicure neighborhood. And there is nothing cheap about home owning in that part of California.

Now I also read (current Vanity Fair article)... that 98 Degree's sold 10 million albums! I would have never thought it. So that should have left all those boy band'ers with a nice chuck of change considering how much they toured. And if Drew is as tight as Nick is about spending money... neither one of them will be getting a 9-5 job.
    ITA! I think their house is beautiful, and Drew and his wife are an attractive couple. They seem very down to earth, have a nice car (wasn't that their SUV they used when they went camping?). Do they work right now, or are they living off the 98 Degrees money? I really like them, and I wouldn't mind watching Nick and Drew more. It was mentioned somewhere (not sure if it was another board or here) that Nick and Drew should have their own do-it-yourself show. They'd be great! They're bumbling yet determined. Watching them do tasks around the house cracks me up. Going golfing with them is fun.

I sure would love to see Nick with a more mature, intelligent, doting, loving wife. He's an awesome guy and deserves that. He needs a little pampering from his woman! Jessica's too damned selfish. I hope she grows outta that. He said the first couple years he'd teach her to be a good wife. (Shame on her parents for not doing that job themselves like they're supposed to!) But it looks like his patience with her is fading fast. Don't blame him at all. Poor guy. Move on, Nickie-poo! Older women make beautiful lovers, Baby!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I would be willing to bet that Drew and the wife paid ungodly amount of money for that house.
    That's hard to believe. The house is so so tiny.

They seem very down to earth, have a nice car (wasn't that their SUV they used when they went camping?).
    I think it was their SUV. I can't recall if it was a Chevy Tahoe or a Cadillac Escalade, but just about anyone can have one of those nowadays.

I sure would love to see Nick with a more mature, intelligent, doting, loving wife.
    Perhaps he'll get that with his second wife.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    That's hard to believe. The house is so so tiny.
    I don't find it hard to believe, being a So Cali resident. You would be shocked how much the average home costs here in Southern California!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa
    I don't find it hard to believe, being a So Cali resident. You would be shocked how much the average home costs here in Southern California!
    No kidding! Homes are so much more expensive in California. I bet a home, where I'm living in So. Illinois, would cost at least twice as much in Cali. Not to be terribly off-topic, I remember an episode of House Hunters where a family from TN who had a beautiful home on a decent chunk of land moved to Cali. The house was significantly smaller and not as nice. How depressing would that move be?

As far as "just about everyone can own an SUV nowadays", I don't see how that can be true. They are so expensive! Sure, anyone can buy one or lease one, but that doesn't really mean that they can truly afford it. After all, how many people lease cars and buy homes they can't afford, then end up broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa
    I really don't think most people realize how expensive it is to own a home in southern California. Its not unheard of a 1800 sq. foot home in that part of Cali costing $500,000.00

YES, I said a half million for a house less than 2000 sq. foot. Anything consider the "L.A." area... is just horribly over priced. And these are every day kind of homes.. not mansion's... or even McMansion's...

I read today that Nick got Jessica that yapping puppy she wanted for her birthday. Now I want to see another more of this show just to see if she will pick up the doggy-doo off the carpet.

I think overall-this couple is pretty down to earth in comparison to most celebs in Hollywood. And Nick is definitely more down to earth. What people like about Jessica Simpson is her innocence. She is this very beautiful woman who had the courage to save herself for her husband-I think that is comendable.

Plus, she's so clueless it's ridiculous. I do agree though that she is pretty spoiled and selfish(the way she complains about people staring at her! Gimme a break)-but I just blame the parents for that.

The little sister Ashlee is also like that. Have you seen the way she talks back to her dad? Telling him "shut up!" If that were my daughter, she wouldn't have a voice to "sing" with...
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread