+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World: San Diego (premieres 01/06)

Real World: San Diego (premieres 01/06)

New 'Real World' Unveils Cast for January Launch
    (Tuesday, December 30 02:26 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - If the rap sheets from the show's production process are any indication, Season 14 of MTV's "Real World" franchise could be the wildest in its history. "Real World: San Diego" will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 10 p.m. ET and will run in constant reruns and marathons in perpetuity.
    Even before the first of the season's 25 episodes hits the air, some viewers may have already gotten an earful of the things that happened to the latest fresh-faced reality cast. The good people at TheSmokingGun.com have already been up to their necks in scandal.

The problems started in September, when housemate Robin Hibbard was arrested after allegedly assaulting a Marine (as MTV cameras rolled).

Much more troubling, though, were the November reports that police were investigating a woman's claim that she was raped in the show's bathroom. Neither the woman, nor the alleged assailant in the Nov. 14 incident were members of the show's cast, though the suspect under investigation was allegedly a friend of cast member Randy.

It's unclear whether either of these incidents will be dealt with during the course of the "Real World: San Diego" season.

The show's seven member cast features the usual assortment of mainstream-quirky attractive young people:

Name: Brad
    Hometown/Current residence: Orland Park, IL
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: Brad is a "hunky, fun-loving daredevil" who "looks like a cocky frat boy," but allegedly is "a genuinely nice guy with a big heart." Nicknamed "Fonzie," Brad has also "gotten in many-a-fight sticking up for his friends."

Name: Robin
    Hometown/Current residence: Tampa, FL
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: When she isn't picking fights with Marines, Robin, a "Coyote Ugly" bartender, "is most likely dancing on another bar just for fun." Apparently, "you would never believe she was student body president, a cheerleader and a sorority sister." It also isn't rare for her to "date more than one guy at a time."

Name: Jacquese
    Hometown/Current residence: Virginia Beach, VA
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: After years of persecution for his resemblance to TV's Urkel, "Jacquese has developed a quick wit and an even quicker tongue." A Morehouse student, "Jacquese is notorious for befriending girls in order to get their guard down."

Name: Frankie
    Hometown/Current residence: Blue Springs, MO
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: The "beautiful, pierced and very creative" Frankie can be expected to teach audiences a valuable lesson about Cystic Fibrosis, a condition she was diagnosed with at the age of three. Among her greatest pleasures are "to shock people with her appearance, date bad boys, party all night and dream of being an artist."

Name: Jamie
    Hometown/Current residence: San Francisco, CA
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: "Raised by uneducated, first generation, traditional parents," Jamie is a "no nonsense and in your face" "young woman of Korean Heritage." As a student at University of California, Riverside, Jamie "felt ostracized by the blonde-haired, blue-eyed sorority girls."

Name: Randy
    Hometown/Current residence: Boston, MA
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: "Creative, insightful and charismatic" are words that somebody uses to describe Randy, a head security man -- Does that mean "Bouncer?" -- at a Boston nightclub. Randy spends his free time working as an "industrial artist" and he "can often be found in his basement and bedroom hammering or drilling his next masterpiece," which must annoy his "long list of female admirers."

Name: Cameran
    Hometown/Current residence: Anderson, SC
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: From what MTV leads us to believe, "people find Cameran's beauty so stunning that they are shocked when they find her to be so warm, friendly and down-to-earth." The small-town southern belle is apparently just a bundle of potential waiting to be unleashed on the unsuspecting world.

The real-ness begins on Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 10 p.m. on MTV.

Thanks for posting the article. I hope this season is better than Paris!
    Peace is Patriotic

I always like to watch the first few episodes to find out if I will continue to watch for the remainder of the season.

Name: Robin
    Hometown/Current residence: Tampa, FL
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: When she isn't picking fights with Marines, Robin, a "Coyote Ugly" bartender, "is most likely dancing on another bar just for fun." Apparently, "you would never believe she was student body president, a cheerleader and a sorority sister." It also isn't rare for her to "date more than one guy at a time."
    from the previews all i recall about her is that she has some big fake boobs
    Name: Jacquese
    Hometown/Current residence: Virginia Beach, VA
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: After years of persecution for his resemblance to TV's Urkel, "Jacquese has developed a quick wit and an even quicker tongue." A Morehouse student, "Jacquese is notorious for befriending girls in order to get their guard down."
    ahem :rolleyes i made a point regarding this type of casting already
    Name: Jamie
    Hometown/Current residence: San Francisco, CA
    Pithy MTV-Provided Description: "Raised by uneducated, first generation, traditional parents," Jamie is a "no nonsense and in your face" "young woman of Korean Heritage." As a student at University of California, Riverside, Jamie "felt ostracized by the blonde-haired, blue-eyed sorority girls."
    ok, the "asian" ...hope she isn't as annoying as that broad from RR10

i see that a few of em are under the "legal" drinking age, maybe the RW producers 'll ply em with lots of liquor and extascy pills (off camera...) so they can get as much gratiutous sex as possible out of em

I have not watched the past couple of Real Worlds, but I am looking forward to this one, because I attended the same high school as Cameran (YEARS earlier, though!) I am anxious to see how she acts!

Side note: our high school is also the one featured in the movie, "Radio," T L Hanna.

Should be fun!

FORT Newbie
    can't wait till this starts!

Definitely looking forward to this. I hope it's better than Paris.

I watched last night and it looks like I'll keep tuning in. I think Brad is really cute (I'm from Chicago) and I think all the girls in the house are attracted to him (especially Cameran and Frankie). Frankie was out of it wasn't she? I missed the last 15 min. though, so I don't know if I missed a lot more or what. So far, so good.

In the last 15 min, they showed Brad calling it quits with his girlfriend over a previous hook up; numerous previews for the rest of the season including Robin getting arrested (and maybe Brad, too); Cameran and Brad kissing; and Frankie and Randy fighting.
    Lots of commercials!

Thanks for the mini recap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 62 123456789101151 ... LastLast