+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Real World: San Diego (premieres 01/06)

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    Yeh, what's up with that? interesting... RW got to go to Greece AND Mexico? Maybe they just decided to go to Mexico with their own money. Just remember, Frankie had a 'great' time in Greece.
    Tijuana, Mexico is right across the border from San Diego. You can actually just walk there. I'm assuming that's what they did.
    Peace is Patriotic

Thoughts on the reunion show

Well, watching the show made me realize that this was actually a pretty good season. I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something. The whole time I was watching it, I hated it, but I really liked the reunion show. I think MTV didn't do a good job of showing more of the interesting people like Ja and Randy.

I really give props to Randy for still not driving drunk after sleeping it off for 6 hours. Many people would have just taken the risk of driving to avoid the cab fare.

I think it's gross that Jamie "lusted" after Brad. It's also sad, since Ja said she was the perfect woman. It's obvious that Jamie is a little more shallow in that department than I had hoped.

I'm really glad Ja confronted Frankie. I felt bad for Frankie having to see how horrible she was to everyone in the clips, but she apparently needed that wake up call. I'm glad she's dealing with her personality issues now.

I couldn't believe Frankie saying she had fun in Greece. I'm glad the roommates didn't let her get away with that false statement. It was interesting to hear that her relationship with Dave went through some rough periods during the airing of the show. I can imagine what he thought seeing her get so drunk and flirt/makeout with so many guys. She really has no excuse.

I pray for Mike and everyone in Iraq to come home safe and sound. I just wish we never went in the first place!

Cameran seems to have realized that she wears too much mascara, because her makeup was more subdued on the reunion show.

I'm happy they are airing the outtakes next week. When I first saw the ad, I thought they were selling it as a DVD or something (which I'm sure they'll do pretty soon anyway). I'd rather see it for free than pay for it.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by bwolpert
    Tijuana, Mexico is right across the border from San Diego. You can actually just walk there. I'm assuming that's what they did.
    Actually, that trip to TJ was shady....they got sent to Mexico during the investigation the SD Police were doing regarding the rape in the house. So I was a little peeved that they would air that Mexico footage. It is a slap in the face in many ways "who cares that a woman was assaulted in your house, let's take you to Mexico & do Tequila shots!" "hey Brad & Robyn, if you two thought San Diego jail was fun, just wait till you land in Tijuana jail!" :rolleyes

Interesting they didn't address that issue at all. And they didn't have an audience Q & A either. Were they afraid that the multiple arrests and sexual assaults would be brought up?

However I did think Camerons ditsy comment about being so poor that had to drink malt liquor pretty funny. I think that summed up tone of the season pretty well.......

Did Brad mention that he's been in the drunk tank SEVERAL times? Dude, that's not something to brag about. in 10 years he's going to be that guy at the high school reunion that was the jock in HS but is now a car salesman. He'll talk about his "glory days" & reek of his best friend Jack Daniels.

If you've seen the reunion show, Brad said he and Andrea were over. Actually he said it in a more obnoxious disrespectful way, but I can't remember exactly the words he used.

Oh, I caught that. He said something along the lines of "Because of everything that was already going on and the stress of the show, plus all this stuff I found out when I got home...we're not even friends now." Well, what girl would want to get back with her boyfriend after seeing THAT! And how dare he get mad at her when he broke up with her! :rolleyes However, I do think they should have stayed friends because atleast he told her before hand how he felt-he wanted alone time. Gotta give any man respect for that. Unlike most, he was HONEST.

It's true the whole show was so focused on Frankenstein! (I can't believe you guys made that up-so funny!) Anyway, I was glad that everyone was so forthright with telling her how she had been so outright mean. I think Ja did it in the most intelligent way. I'm sure she still felt attacked though-but now atleast she knows that she cannot be a b* all the time. :phhht For example, when Randy had always been defending her and she just attacked him for no reason.

There were too many damn commercials though. I can't wait to see the footage they didn't show before....
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by HelloCity
    Interesting they didn't address that issue at all. And they didn't have an audience Q & A either. Were they afraid that the multiple arrests and sexual assaults would be brought up?
    Actually, RW/Vericon are notorious for leaving the "reality" out of their shows. I remember that they had picketing and demonstrations against their filming in Chicago and they didn't show or mention anything of that during that season. The only thing that did come out during the reunion was how someone instigated a yelling match with intoxicated Brad by yelling how RW sucked or something like that. Brad and Randy probably weren't supposed to mention that (as they edited that part out in the show) but Brad was never one known for his discretion.

I enjoyed the Reunion show.. Ja was hilarious and I think they finally got some closure with Frankie.

Ummm... no. TJ is still at least half an hour's drive from San Diego. I cannot imagine walking there, let alone THESE people walking there.

And how dare he get mad at her when he broke up with her! However, I do think they should have stayed friends because atleast he told her before hand how he felt-he wanted alone time. Gotta give any man respect for that. Unlike most, he was HONEST.
    From what Brad had said towards the end of the show... he found out that Andrea had been cheating on him back home. I cannot remember if it was with one of his friends.. but.. neither party appears to be innocent in the breakup. He had broken it off with her early on when gone so he could *have fun* with strangers in SD, but he just let it be known that whatever she had done back home was enough to ensure the relationship would not be rekindled. I cant blame him for that.

I saw a few minutes of the reunion show. Guess what? They were talking about being drunk. Well, I guess I didn't miss much because the minutes I caught from a few episodes showed them drunk too!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloCity
    However I did think Camerons ditsy comment about being so poor that had to drink malt liquor pretty funny. I think that summed up tone of the season pretty well........

I totally agree. I hadn't thought of it that way. You'd think if they were so poor they'd use the money for food or something.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ummm... no. TJ is still at least half an hour's drive from San Diego. I cannot imagine walking there, let alone THESE people walking there.

Oops, what I meant was that they could take the streetcar (or whatever it's called) there, and then just walk over the border. That's what my husband and I did when I was in San Diego for a meeting a few years ago.
    Peace is Patriotic

+ Reply to Thread