+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Real World: San Diego (premieres 01/06)

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Hey geekgirl - a while back there were rumors that a future installment of RW might be in Atlanta. Have you heard anything about that?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    It'll probably start in the fall, since MTV has two RW seasons a year (they used to have only one and RR had two but that was five years ago).
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiffyPortillo
    It'll probably start in the fall, since MTV has two RW seasons a year (they used to have only one and RR had two but that was five years ago).

Yes, but the filming on the new season got delayed a little bit due to the union strike. They might be ready to air November/December timeframe.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    Hey geekgirl - a while back there were rumors that a future installment of RW might be in Atlanta. Have you heard anything about that?

I've heard rumors but nothing even worth posting. I'm kinda surprised they've never had one here, there's plenty of eye candy and many, many camera whores

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    She did know some basic Korean didn't she? I think the first-generation immigrant parents will make sacrifices to make sure the children do as well as possible in America, including making sure they learn English ASAP. Maybe if the children start school pretty early, they're around more English than the native tongue?
    I don't know. I don't get it-it was not explained at all! I wasn't born in the U.S. but I was raised in New York and I speak three languages. I learned English when I started Pre-K...that's the way it normally is in homes which do not speak English...you just learn English in school and at home you speak your parents' language. How does it happen that you don't know how to speak/communicate in your native tongue??
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I don't know. I don't get it-it was not explained at all! I wasn't born in the U.S. but I was raised in New York and I speak three languages. I learned English when I started Pre-K...that's the way it normally is in homes which do not speak English...you just learn English in school and at home you speak your parents' language. How does it happen that you don't know how to speak/communicate in your native tongue??
    There are different scenarios where you don't learn your native tongue at home, one being the parents learned English (even if it's broken English) and only spoke that at home. Other possibilities is a mixed marriage where the parents speak different languages (in my parents' native country we have a national language and different dialects depending on which part of the country you live) and use English as the main communicating language at home. Another scenario would be Korean mom, American Dad... English at home. And so on.... (not excusing the fact she didn't learn, just trying to explain how it could happen.)

Jamie did speak some Korean when her mom came but it was more "conversational" Korean where you can speak/understand the language in order to direct, eat, shop... you know... but the deep true words in a native language, the not-everyday-words that natives speak to one another, it is possible to not know that much even if you do live at home with Korean speaking parents. Maybe she knows how to say "how are you" but not so much "how do you feel about the political situation in Korea" (sorry I couldn't think of not-everyday-conversation to use as an example.) If I only understood or spoke a little bit of a language, I wouldn't feel comfortable to say I was fluent in it.

I was just wondering... Anyone know where I could get that song ("A test" by Gameface) from the last episode? none of my resources seem to have it..

FORT Fan
    I was mad that they didn't update us on Brad's status with his girlfriend. I found Cameron to be very annoying, childish and so totally stuck on herself..... she tried to come off as this person of such high wisdom but deep down I think she really thought she was 'all that' and it bothered the hell out of her whenever someone she encountered didn't feel the same. I hope Brad and Andrea got back together again..and as for Cameron she needs to get over herself.

FORT Fan
    I liked Ja but I had some mis-givings about him too. I didn't much care for how he always wanted to 'peek' into the guest room.....a little to voyeuristic for my liking.....He didn't seem to be very interested in meeting anyone of the opposite sex on their nights out.....I think he's probably still in the closet.....nice guy but not playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    I liked Ja but I had some mis-givings about him too. I didn't much care for how he always wanted to 'peek' into the guest room.....a little to voyeuristic for my liking.....He didn't seem to be very interested in meeting anyone of the opposite sex on their nights out.....I think he's probably still in the closet.....nice guy but not playing with a full deck.
    I think Ja played it smart. Do you really want MTV filming you making out with someone. Heck no. Just cause a guy shows some discretion does not mean he is gay.

Let's face it Brad made himself look like a drunken fool and he provides entertainment. Would I want him for a lover. He can't be trusted, and he probably give me an STD, and blab to the world what we had done. In comparison Ja comes across as a stand up guy.

+ Reply to Thread