+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World: San Diego (premieres 01/06)

Are Frankie and Dave still together? I thought they broke up earlier in the season?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I also thought they were broken up. I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    its part the show is just trash...sex and alcohol, and its part that al the characters are just clones of each other and seasons past. They're just not appealing.....we all know that 5 or 6 of the 7 are aspiring actors and are trying to use this as a springboard. they all have no personalities....but if the kdis'll watch it, it'll be on.
    Now, I have watched the Real World on and off for the past 8 years or so.. What I have noticed is that the whole aspect of their "jobs" has real gone out the window. I remember how they used to actually have responsibilities.. and their bosses would get PO'd if they screwed up.. now, they debate whether or not to even show up. ...and apparently, nothing interesting ever happens on the sailboats..because they only show about 30 seconds of "work" footage per episode.

By the way PSi -- I love your avatar.. "I got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell" .. "I'm Bruce Dickenson.. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like everybody else.. then I go make Gold records"

That was one of SNL's funniest skits in recent history, and I rarely find people who have seen it!

After read these posts I can see why Real World does not have it's own subheading. Hmm.. Guess I am a sucker for liking the show. Oh well. I was pretty freaked out by this weeks show though. Self mutilation is a pretty heavy topic to deal with on reality TV. They did a lame something with a DR. at the end but in my opinion not enough. If they are going to introduce such an impacting topic I believe MTV has some responsibility to continue it with helpful info. Not just old people (like me) watch but young impressionable people. If they didn't have this idea in their little heads before they do now. Not too impressed. But I still love the show, call me a sap.

That episode was pretty intense. Jaime was a good friend to do all that research and try to help but made a mistake when she brought Robyn and Cameran along to talk with Frankie. I guess her boyfriend cuts himself too? I'm pretty sure I heard her say that.

PSi
    Eh..i really have no comments on the cutting. I knew a cutter, and i'll leave it at that.
    But the episode was so, IMO sadly funny, to bring the idiots who know nothing for a serious converstaion.

Corine,

Dr. Drew is on an MTV show called Loveline, so hopefully viewers can relate to him.

I agree that this episode was sad and disturbing. I think what got to me the most is that Frankie has no desire NOT to cut herself.

PSi
    Nay- Dr. Drew *was* on a show called Loveline, which was cancelled on TV four years ago. I doubt the younger audience remembers him.

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Nay- Dr. Drew *was* on a show called Loveline, which was cancelled on TV four years ago. I doubt the younger audience remembers him.

Oops, I guess I'm showing my age, huh? Wait, I'm only 22!

Well, thanks PSi, I obviously don't watch MTV terribly often...

It's sad how on The Real World, when a serious issue is brought up, cutting for example, it's rarely ever brought up again. I doubt they will even mention Frankie's cutting next week.

+ Reply to Thread