+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by moody
    I don't think even Anna Nicole would have the cameras film her husband talking about how much her shit stinks. We've reached a new reality tv low people!
    I've thought similar things all along. I wonder if Jessica's "people/handlers" don't preview any of this stuff before the final edit. Or they do and dont have any say so, or they do and silently chuckle as they likely dislike the little pop-tart and want the rest of America to as well.

I have NEVER seen a so-called "star" be allowed to look so bad on TV and not even the train wreck known as Anna Nicole as mentioned by Moody.

If this is the "real Jessica" and I happen to think it is, she is coming across as nothing but an empty headed, spoiled, co-dependent, grumpy, insecure, bad attituded bimbo with lots of gastro-intestinal rumblings both oral and the other.

If it wasnt for the fact that she is stacked and has a relatively decent singing voice, I am sure she would be lucky to be working at the local TJ Max.

Also, does anyone see even an inkling of chemistry between these two???

Nick is no angel either. He seems like one of those people who will be rich the rest of his life and that is only because HE REFUSES TO SPEND ANY MONEY!. Jeepers, the guy is a millionnaire and he frets about hiring a maid to clean their dump, wont hire renters and instead choses to move his own furniture and spends 20 minutes looking for a $3 golf-ball rather than taking a mulligan.

Has anyone heard Jessica in an interview re: the Newlywed show and how she thinks she comes across? I watched the first show on purpose, after that, I was channel surfing and caught some parts of other shows. I don't think it's a smart move for any newlywed to go on air unless they are desperate for the publicity.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee

I don't think it's a smart move for any newlywed to go on air unless they are desperate for the publicity.
    Extremely insightful quote there Eldee.

I believe they are both desperate for publicity.

On the one hand you have a washed-up "boy band" member, who's group was only a third tier boy band in the first place. If it wasnt for this show he'd be plugging his "solo work" at Sam Goodys and County Fairs across America.

The you have the lovely Jessica. A washed-up Pop-Tart who's claim to fame was her viriginal come-on that was a stark contraction to Britney and X-Tina's pole-dancing lolita approach and thus discerned more safe and palatable for pre-teen girls by wise-mothers everywhere. I wonder if it wasnt for this show that we would have seen a whole new "other-side" of Jessica. IE: she would have slutted it up a bit to sell a few more records and reach a new demographic of leering men. We already saw a lot "more" of Jessica and her "talents" and the recent MTV video awards. I guess she was in such a rush to get dressed that she forgot to put a shirt or bra on under her suit jacket...or maybe it was just in a pile of dirtly laundry.
    Last edited by Daddio; 09-15-2003 at 02:04 PM.

Well her newest hit song is 'Sweetest Sin', so I think she is taking a more secular direction in her music, away from her Christian roots. The song and video aren't half bad.

Chris

Maybe I should watch the show with MUTE on. Naw, her body language still says the same things!

I thought I was going to hate this show cause I thought it was going to be corny and cheesy, but it's not like that at all!! One of my fav shows on tv, better than those so-called reality game shows where people challenge for a contest or worse, for a guy or girl. I'd rather listen to Jessica whine and Nick be grumpy than those other horrible fake shows.

I can only guess that there will be a massive turn-around in how Jessica behaves as the show wraps up because I cant imagine anyone would allow themselves to be portrayed this way. She's certainly a beautiful girl, but her helplessness would drive me crazy.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    The camping trip was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. It cracked me up when she got scared in the outhouse and when she thought she had bees in her hair. I watch this show just to see how dumb she is and Nick's reactions to her.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by I.V.
    I can only guess that there will be a massive turn-around in how Jessica behaves as the show wraps up because I cant imagine anyone would allow themselves to be portrayed this way. She's certainly a beautiful girl, but her helplessness would drive me crazy.
    I don't see how the show can end any other wa either. If her stupidity, immaturity, and laziness remain as her main behavior, then I don't see how even her fans will have respect for her. Not only for her publicity, but I hope she changes for her marriage and herself.

Right now, she looks so ugly to me. It happened when she started to talk/whine/dribble.

Helplessness might be kind of cute in a newborn puppy, but not in a professional and married adult woman.

Jessica, please focus on changing for the better.

She won't change much, as long as she gets what she wants, she'll stay like that. Being brought up rich and spoiled is hard to break, unless her things get taken away from her and forced to live like everyone else. Until then, she'll pretty much stay the same. It's like telling someone who's addicted to cigarrettes or alcohol to suddenly stop after they've been abusing it all their lives. It has to be taken away from them or get major psychological help, but ofcourse, mtv isn't going to help her, they rather keep exploiting her, cause that's what makes the show funny to most people. Dysfunctional people appeals to the masses cause they are different than most, like Anna nicole, Osbournes, Roseanne, etc etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread