+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica

Buffalo Wings?

Chris

Anyone see the new episode where they go to the amusement park? The part where Jessica bounces the basketball and it comes back up and hits her face was funny. LOL

Now, that would be worth watching!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tv_is_fake
    Anyone see the new episode where they go to the amusement park? The part where Jessica bounces the basketball and it comes back up and hits her face was funny. LOL
    What about her platypus comment? What the hell is a plalatamapus or what ever she said? Did she finish elementary school??

hunter0219

I don't understand the girl. It might be a scary thing if I did.

She has also been a guest dance judge on the Wade Robeson show. It seems that she is making the MTV rounds. Will she be on Jack Ass next?

Something else Jessica might ask:

Do moose taste like chocolate if you barbeque them?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter0219
    What about her platypus comment? What the hell is a plalatamapus or what ever she said? Did she finish elementary school??

Chris

FORT Fogey
    I think the scene where Nick's new step-grandad topples over in his "Little Rascal" at his own wedding is very telling of this show; Sad, but hilarious at the same time.

Another poigniant scene in the same episode is where Nick and his bro are preparing to sing at grandma's above-mentioned wedding.

Nick is "backstage" (in the coat-check closet of the senior-center) with the "engineer" (a blue-haired friend of the bride) discussing the "soundcheck" (how loud are you going to turn up the Mr. Microphone?) and the "arrangement score" with the "band" who will provide their accomniment (here is the tape for the boombox).

When show time finally arrives, of course all of these dilligently planned arrangements fall apart and we are treated to Nick looking plaintifly into the crowd taping his mic with the stereotypical tap-tap "Is this on? Can I have some volume on the Mic?" echoed by lounge lizards performing at Holiday Inns everywhere.

All the while, the room full of geriatrics lean into each other with quizical looks and whispers of "who's he?" - many of them with their faces smudged out due to their good judgement not to sign the release form the local MTV rep stuck under their noses.

Better get used to it Nicky - this looks to be your future my man.

I would feel more vouyeristically shameful if I was gawking at an innocent stranger on the street. But I feel no remorse here, they put their lives on the airwaves for their own financial profit. Sometimes this comes back to bite you in the ample boobs Jess.

Actually there have been several reviews of the show (New York Post, Boston Globe, San Francisco Chronicle, among others) that have basically stated the obvious: Jessica is a spoiled brat. The most recent article on the show was a New York Post article entitled "'Dumb As a Stick' Clueless Jessica Simpson TV's New Guilty Pleasure" which said that the show is doing very well in the ratings, almost equaling the first season ratings of "The Osbournes." There is a rumor going around that it has been "optioned" for a second season but no confirmation yet.

Derric

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Interesting question and I think it somewhat goes back to my earlier post about this show being a last gasp for a fading Pop-Tart and a fading Boy-Band member to stay in the lime-light that has bankrolled them.

I dont think that there are many reviews or much public feedback because I dont think anybody gives a flying frisbee about these two dried-up, manufactured pop-stars or their so-called show. Even this board has only a handful of pages for as long as the show has been on the air. Other shows have this many pages in one thread in one day.

I dont know what the ratings have been but this show has been a huge bust I would think (no pun intended re: Jessica's massive mammaries)

I am sure that - after the enormous success of the Osbournes - MTV was hoping that this show would also find an audience and be water-cooler fodder around the country.

But where the Osbournes had plenty of funny moments, charm and charecters that you both loved (Ozzy) any hated (Kelly), this show has none of that.

The only thing really worth even tuning in for is to see what Jessisa will do to make us shake our heads and say "what a spoiled, little, helpless, empty headed, gastronimically challenged b*tch this chick is". That and hoping that maybe one episode will have her doing a pole dance or something.

Nick isnt even really a sympathetic charecter either. Although I suppose he should be given some brotherly love kudos for trying to make sure that his brother - another washed-up boybander - gets as much free screen time as humanly possible. Youd think that they were siamese twins or something. He is in just about every scene.

I sense absolutely no chemistry with these two and it seems like the typical old-fashioned publicity machine marriage made in a boardroom.

Pretty soon we will be hearing about the divorce to fuel the last embers of the fire clinging to life - then Jessica will likely bust out in X-tina Aguillara fashion and become a "woman" and actually go the next step beyond just showing a little cleavage.

But we can only hope that they both simply just fade and disappear into the night - never to be heard from again until its time for a "where are they now" segment for them on VH-1.

Im beginning to form this opinion that Jessucka is a genius. She's got everyone watching and tongues wagging and she just winks at it all. Seriously, I dont think she's stupid at all, she knows what sells, what gets attention, and she's running with it. I think we're all being duped.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by I.V.
    Im beginning to form this opinion that Jessucka is a genius. She's got everyone watching and tongues wagging and she just winks at it all. Seriously, I dont think she's stupid at all, she knows what sells, what gets attention, and she's running with it. I think we're all being duped.
    Interesting theory IV. But I think you give her (and MTV) too much credit. I think that we are seeing the real Jes and the real exasperated and soon to be looooong suffering Nick.

The "I'm a dumb bimbo blonde" thing didnt work so well for Jenny McCarthy (another former MTV alum) did it? Anyone heard from Suzanne Sommers lately?

Then agaim, if this is all a big dupe then Kudos to Jessica as she sure had me fooled and is a better actress than I ever gave her credit for.

Maybe she and Nick will be the next Rock Hudson & Doris Day and do a series of road movies. I see Oscars in their future.

Very, very interesting perspective there IV...food for thought.

+ Reply to Thread