+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 2

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

Making the Band 2

Now this one is GOOD. Sean just made them WALK to Brooklyn to get him cheesecake. That's a 7 hour round trip walk. Next day they got to wash cars all day because he wants these guys to know what hip-hop is all about. I am rolling! Their heads are ready to explode. WOOOOO!

Anyone else been catching this?

FORT Fan
    Haha...nice to see someone else is watching this. I admit it's been a guilty pleasure for me...although I'm starting to get sick of all these wannabee musicians trying to prove their gangsta. It's not looking good for the group that Puff chose...all of a sudden, he doesn't like the fact that they lack originality and there's too much "gun-busting" in their lyrics. Hello...didn't he notice that last season? I bet he probably regrets not picking Mysterious and Damone now...although the fireworks between the group members are the only thing that keep the plot rolling.

This show is a guilty pleasure of mine too. Every time I see it, I want to turn it off but I can't. It's like watching a train wreck. These kids kill me with their attitude. I loved it when Sean Puff P. Combs Daddy Diddy asked them to recite "Rapper's Delight" and none of them could do it. So he makes them learn it for 5 hours straight. It's great, it's like watching Sorority Life.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    , GF. Yeah, I can't help watching either. You know, I hate to admit it, but there is some pretty crazy logic behind everything Puff has been doing. If nothing else, these kids are learning to leave their egos at the door!

That Rapper's Delight thing was HYSTERICAL! AH HA HA! Oh, what a guilty pleasure!

FORT Fan
    One thing I don't like about this show- does MTV have to turn every show into The Real World? I don't really care about any of these people...let alone who wins a fight between Ness and Fred. I may be in the minority here, but I actually would like to see more performing and less drama.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    It really irritates my hubby that I watch this show...lol I thought it was quite embarrassing when puff told them in front of each other they should lose weight, get a dermatologist..etc..he should have took them each aside and told them...
    I do wish there was more performing as well.
    That rapper's delight for 5 hours was so damn funny!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Ness has some serious problems. He's getting into arguments that turn into near-fights with everyone. I think I may be one of the few people who dissent in terms of not wanting to see as much performing as fighting. I think it's great when they get into arguments, it provides for excellent TV.

One thing I noticed was that during the opening for Making the Band II in which they sing/rap the song, I don't hear Chopper's voice. I hear everyone else and I counted five voices after my friend Charles pointed it out to me.

Another thing, their group name is "Da Band." *Groan* I think that's a horrible name. Even worse than O-Town.

They have a song on the Bad Boys II soundtrack.

*Thinks that Mysterious shouldn't be brought back to do a song with the band because her outburst was the most immature thing in the history of the show...*

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Ness has some serious problems. He's getting into arguments that turn into near-fights with everyone. I think I may be one of the few people who dissent in terms of not wanting to see as much performing as fighting. I think it's great when they get into arguments, it provides for excellent TV.

One thing I noticed was that during the opening for Making the Band II in which they sing/rap the song, I don't hear Chopper's voice. I hear everyone else and I counted five voices after my friend Charles pointed it out to me.

Another thing, their group name is "Da Band." *Groan* I think that's a horrible name. Even worse than O-Town.

They have a song on the Bad Boys II soundtrack.

*Thinks that Mysterious shouldn't be brought back to do a song with the band because her outburst was the most immature thing in the history of the show...*
    Actually...Chopper is in the opening...he's after Fred saying "album about to come out soon, it's off the hook"

They are called Da Band?!?! I hope that's temporary...I can't think of a worse name.

You're right...Ness has problems...he keeps on fighting with everyone for no reason...he's walking a thin line...he wasn't like this in season one...seems like making the band got to his head.

About Mysterious...you're right...she didn't want to be in the group and she shouldn't be brought back...but all I was saying is that now Puff is thinking the group isn't talented enough and he dismissed the two most talented (Mysterious, Damone)

Da Band. Well if that doesn't just sum it all up!
    I'm with Tallulahbaby on this and wish there were more performances, but I think there aren't because they are horrible as a group and can't get over themselves.
    Who shot who in the what now?

FORT Fan
    Just downloaded the song "Why" from Bad Boys II soundtrack...I'm don't listen to much hip hop...but I don't mind this genre...

What a generic sounding song that sounds like a disjointed posse cut featuring an amalgam of different sounding artists...greenflute I agree...I think they are trying to hide the fact that this group just isn't very good (especially since Diddy is the exec. producer)

Here's my take on each of the performers within the song:

Chopper- Sounds like a Cash Money reject...basically says in 5 consecutive unoriginal ways that he has too much money

Fred- I've always liked Fred...him and Sara are the only ones one the show I really care for...and I just love the sound of his voice, never heard anyone with that flow...he has a good punchline..."I'm gettin money while I'm laughin at cops/It ain't your lad/I ain't bad, it's the devil/Why don't you tell him to stop"...what I really like about this guy is he keeps on improving since we first saw him...I think Fred is the breakout star of this group (for whatever minute success they enjoy)

Ness- He shares a verse with Babs...going back and forth...he still has that voice, that breathy flow...but he spits a tired verse about how he's a "real thug" who's paranoid someone's after him...the only time I've ever been impressed with Ness was in his battle on season one

Babs- She has that Brooklyn tough girl flow that she stole from Foxy and Lil Kim...She probably doesn't have more than 15 words in this song and her part could have been easily omitted

Sara- She sings backup...and her voice has this sultry sound similar to Faith Evans, and complements the rap voices perfectly...I'd like to hear more of her

Dylan- He gives the intro in his Jamaican voice...but doesn't rap or chat or whatever he does...It's gonna be hard to work his reggae part into songs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast