+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 2

I saw the pre show, they weren't on it. Black Eyed Peas and Sean Paul was all that I saw. I don't think they were on it but I know they were there. I read it on MTVNews.com
    Indeed.

PSi
    They weren't on the pre-show. Sean Paul did three songs, two before the break, one after...so i assume they couldn't get their stuff together and get on air.
    And they should be thankful to Puff for everything he's done, but they should pray for a 3rd season...becuase remember what happened to O-Town after they decided they didn't want to do it anymore?

Whoa, I didn't know that O-Town decided that they didn't want to do it anymore. I thought that MTV just got tired of seeing them since they had already formed.

I'll never get tired of seeing grown men fight over little things.

It makes my Wednesday pure!
    Indeed.

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Whoa, I didn't know that O-Town decided that they didn't want to do it anymore. I thought that MTV just got tired of seeing them since they had already formed.

I'll never get tired of seeing grown men fight over little things.

It makes my Wednesday pure!
    It wasn't on MTV, if i'm not mistaken. They just aired some of the reruns.
    And i remember reading about how the band wasn't happy with the third season because they were "portrayed" correctly and so they nixed the idea of a 4th season (the ratings of the 3rd were down from the 2nd, but still good enough to keep it going) The same thing will happen to this group. They'll probably do a 3rd season with them on the road or whatnot, then they'll drop off the face of the earth.

I saw "Making the Video" with Da Band. Dylan and Sarah didn't even get to sing on that song. They had them on the video for about two seconds.

TCW
    Keep in mind that this is the second season for Making the Band. The first season was all about how no one that tried out was any good. The second season rolled around with those that were picked thinking it was going to be all champaign and Caviar. P.Diddy set them straight right away by putting them up in a 2 or 3 star hotel, but all of them in the same room!!! Then one night when they were a bit lippy, P.Diddy decided he wanted some cheesecake. Cheesecake from this one store down in brooklyn. And oh, why don't you walk down to get that cheese cake for me.

The group just about split right there. At least 3 of them through they were too good for this. They got record companies telling them if it don't work out with puff, give a call.

But in the end they walk all the way and all the way back to find out the big man himself has already gone home.

He kept trying to get them to understand that they need to be willing to do things that they don't want to do. Telling them that is all you see in the record business is people asking you to do things you don't want to do. But if you want to suceed, you're going to need to do these things.

Finale episode for this season is tonight on MTV at 10pm EST/9pm CST. The last episode they group finally signed their life away once and for all and were expecting a big advance check. Low and behold it wasn't going to make it for another week. Again, a couple were ready to walk. Obviously they have yet to learn their lessons. But regardless, they have an album coming out.

I will have to check out making the video. I am anxious to see what they sound like. I like the song they had on the BBII sound track.

The album is going to be called "Too Hot For TV" and will be released on September 30th. Chopper had to change his name due to legal reasons to Young City. Da Band had to change it's name to Bad Boy's Da Band due to legal reasons as well.

I saw it on MTVnews.com earlier today.
    Indeed.

I've heard their song on the radio twice. You can clearly hear Fred. I thought the song was well done.

I like Fred's rasphy voice. It adds flavor to the band. So far I like the songs I have heard but they don't seem to be getting too much play on MTV or the radio.

+ Reply to Thread