+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 2

Fred also seems to be very mature. He spoke about how everyone needs to have a relationship with each other. He also told Chopper to let it go when Ness was trying to bother him.

another episode...

of people pissing their dreams away. when are these people going to get serious? and please, don't tell me they're bringing back Mysterious. She might burn the house down if she knows where they live.

. Moody, I missed the last episode. Is that the plan? P. Diddy recognized that Mysterious was only interested in herself as a soloist, plus she said it on TV. How would bringing her into a house that already had some problems going to benefit anyone?

I have no idea Eldee. The Mysterious episode is next week. During the preview they showed her talking with Diddy and Babs looking pissed saying they can't have two female rappers.

Okay, I just listened to Da Band's single on the Bad Boys II soundtrack. Has anyone listened to it? It's not bad but it's not great either.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Fred also seems to be very mature. He spoke about how everyone needs to have a relationship with each other. He also told Chopper to let it go when Ness was trying to bother him.

I like Fred too. His voice is so unique. But for some reason it really bothers me that he's a grown man (and father) and he sucks his thumb. I just can't get over it. It also really doesn't seem to go with the image he otherwise projects.

I think Diddy really screwed up by putting so many rappers in the group. Especially with Dylon. They just don't seem to fit. It also makes me feel bad for Sara, she is clearly out of place in this Hip-Hop environment at times.

I can't believe Fred fell asleep sucking his thumb while Diddy was talking.

PSi
    I think there are two (major) problems with the MTB2 crew.
    First, it is their awful name….its like they’re not trying at all. But then again, before the season aired, there were rumors that they would be called “six figures” or something close to that. So perhaps it’s a step in the right direction.
    The second problem, the bigger of the two, IMO, is that there are too many people in the band. It’s like when you’re trying to make a soup or stew or something and you add too many ingredients. If you listen to any rap song, there aren’t six people trying to get on it.(outside of the Wu Tang) It begins to sound like a bad freestyle mixtape. Too many different styles on one song…But, you must give puffy credit. It seems like he’s trying to do the best he can with mediocre talent.
    And if I can comment on the BB2 song, it just seems like Ness and Babs’ parts are just extra, to let everyone know that they’re in the band still. Ness’ flow doesn’t even match that of the song. Chopper and Fred run circles around him….and if…ok, when the band gets dropped from the label due to…I’ll say bad sales, Chopper and Fred should team up and do their own thing.
    ……and if all six are on this song, it seems like no one is getting booted. But if Dylan gets a 10 second intro, Sarah just moans in the background and Babs is Ness’ backup, one must wonder- are these people real essential parts? Do we really need them?

…and I just think that Mysterious is coming back to do guest vocals on one track…or as part of another test
    Those are my two cents.

Well, the idea is bad to begin with. Usually these types of bands have a relatively short shelflife (you heard me O Town) so your idea of a Chopper/Fred duo is feasible.

Will they make it?

Do you really think that the group never ended up making it? that is what the previews to the next episode suggest. they just cant stop fighting. mysterious is a terrible addition to the cd. its a dark different style then the up-tempo, positive sound they are creating.
    Puff had told them that he was going to get them on the bad boys 2 sound track, since that obviously didnt happen do you think that is a big hint that they never ended up finishing their songs? its so unfortunate cuz i LOVE some of their songs especially when dylan sings that song by wyclef.

one more thing, what is the name of the group?
    "the film had an unhappy ending and was thus considered realistic"
    -still life with woodpecker (amazing book)

Arleyne.

Some posted that the group is called "Da Band". Hopefully, that name will change to something more creative that will represent them better.

+ Reply to Thread