+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making the Band 2

I really didn't like any of these people except Sara. Sara came across as smart and sincere and mature with a lot of common sense. The other band members really didn't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves. Smoking around Sara when she didn't smoke etc...

But overall these 6 people earned a golden opportunity the last 2 years. To be under Puffy's wing and make contacts and grow as artists and become professional musicians and they totally blew it. I can understand Sara and her husband wanting her to have a solo career, but aprentice for the 2 or 3 years you are going to be with Da Band then leap into a solo career from a successful band not a disbanded one.

Winning a contest does not give you a proven track record, having 2 or 3 platinum records with DA Band is a proven track record.

I give Ness lots of credit although he had a bady girl he was stepping up and taking responsiblity by sacrificing not seeing her and putting all his energy into his career so in the long run he can take care on business. That is what a responsible adult does.

Dylon - where was he I never saw him. Did anyone actually write and recommendation letters for him? He deserved to go cause he was never there and what was funny he didn't get it all he said was they don't respect me as an artist. BooHoo. See you in jail.

Babs - yeack.

Choppa and Fred - yeack and yeack.

Did anyone buy their cd? Was it any good. Just being around this group made me want to take a bath.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I think Babs is ghetto full-time. She doesn't even take lunch breaks from being ghetto...it was entertaining though!

I liked Sara the most and I was really suprised that Diddy didn't keep her around. I can understand that she needed to get her husband in check (Ike Turner,anyone?)and she had trouble sticking up for herself,but I think she is a beautiful and talented woman. I am sorry that I won't see her on TV anymore.

I really liked Sara, I thought she had a future.

My favorite part with Babs was when she said "MJB is here, gotta get the 411"

PSi
    i was shocked that puffy pulled the plug, especially since they essentially finished recording the second album. . . A lot of us think this is just a hoax and that their CD will come out in like six months.
    But Babs was on Hot97 in New York on Friday and here's what she said:

Babs and Ness will be making a double CD like outkast. one cd babs, one ness.
    Dylan actually has a mixtape out called life after puffy.
    Sara has some movie role coming up.
    Fred..."is my dawg. he be doing his thing down in liberty City" so he's sucking his thumb.
    Chopper is on Bad Boy South with 8Ball&MJG. BBSouth is just a BB imprint.

Plus, i've already seen that Ness has an EP out on his own record label.
    and they referenced in an earlier episode, they have 5 year contracts. So if Puffy wants to screw someone over, he can.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    i was shocked that puffy pulled the plug, especially since they essentially finished recording the second album. . . A lot of us think this is just a hoax and that their CD will come out in like six months.
    Hmmm I wonder.... Didn't even think about that. I was kinda shocked by the ending myself, mostly because of the previews. I guess I've been so well trained by reality show editing that I NEVER expect the "shocker" in the previews to pan it. It seemed way too obvious.

Very Offensive Tackle DirtyDog48's Avatar

Da Band Was Just Puffy's New Toy

IMHO. Da Band was just an exercise in Puffy's huge ego...that he could pull six people off the street and on the strength of his name alone, transform them into hip-hop superstars.

Kinda cynical thinking on P-Diddy's part, but you know what?...he's probably right seeing as how hip-hop has absolutely nothing to do with musicality.

And to further prove that he had the magic touch, Puff chose to include some characters who would be best suited to robbing bodegas rather than entertaining on stage......but in the end, it's probably a huge hoax anyway....look for a Da' Band Boxed Set, a Da' Band Reunion and a Da' Band II in the near future.

For who asked, if you care for that type of music, doesn't seem to be for most here but, if you do, the CD was pretty good.. It certainly wasn't a CD of all good songs, but thats rare lately it seems, but overall fairly decent, and the singles that came out on radio were pretty representative of whats on there, its not like a bunch of poppy songs outside and all hard core gangsta crap inside..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

PSi
    Their CD did sell 800,000 copies.
    so you can blame whatever you want, bad talent pool, puffy's ego, whatever, but they sold more than more deserving hip-hop artists.
    but i'm not a fan of the CD. it has a couple of good songs, it was a new producer and it was his first big try, and some of the audio levels are messed up. sub-par production quality on top of sub-par rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I really didn't like any of these people except Sara. Sara came across as smart and sincere and mature with a lot of common sense. The other band members really didn't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves. Smoking around Sara when she didn't smoke etc...

But overall these 6 people earned a golden opportunity the last 2 years. To be under Puffy's wing and make contacts and grow as artists and become professional musicians and they totally blew it. I can understand Sara and her husband wanting her to have a solo career, but aprentice for the 2 or 3 years you are going to be with Da Band then leap into a solo career from a successful band not a disbanded one.

Winning a contest does not give you a proven track record, having 2 or 3 platinum records with DA Band is a proven track record......
    Sara was also my favorite vocally and otherwise. I did see Tony as a bit controlling and he did interfer with the band and that's wasn't good. I wish Sara a lot of luck!

I understand that after two years if they basically had the same work "ethic" then it was time for them to go.

Here's an interview with Fred guys.

http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=812

Thanks for the link BigBaddGirl.

Oh, sh*%. there's nothing like lack of gratitude when you start from nothing and get somewhere you most likely would not have without their help.

I liked the grittiness of his voice but, he needs to open his eyes and see reality.

+ Reply to Thread