+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars

The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars

per wiki:

The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars is the second installment of a special mini-series of MTV's long-running reality game show, The Challenge. In the eight-week event, ten Challenge alum compete against celebrities.

Presented by: The Miz

Number of episodes: 8

Release date: November 21, 2017
    per espnW.com

MTV's "The Challenge" series just got a bit more interesting. Riding on the success of "Champs vs. Pros" from earlier this year, there will be a second installment called "Champs vs. Stars." Ten elite champions from "The Challenge" will take on 10 stars from various industries. Of course, there are accomplished athletes among the stars, such as Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Shawn Johnson, MMA athlete Michelle Waterson, volleyball player Kim Glass, and retired NFL player Terrell Owens. The cast members will be competing for their share of $150,000 to donate to their favorite charities.
    per US Weekly:

The full cast list and their respective charities are below:

Ariane Andrew / Charity: Black Girls Rock

Josh Murray / Charity: Extra Special People

Kim Glass / Charity: Covenant House

Matt Rife / Charity: World Wildlife Foundation

Michelle Waterson / Charity: MVP Vets and Players

Justina Valentine / Charity: Young Women’s Leadership Network

Riff Raff / Charity: Nevada SPCA

Romeo Miller / Charityr: Team Hope NOLA

Shawn Johnson / Charity: Hope Sports

Terrell Owens / Charity: Ky Cares Foundation

The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars premieres on MTV Tuesday, November 21, at 10 p.m. ET.
    per wiki:

Wes Bergmann RW: Austin
    Jenna Compono RW: Ex-Plosion
    Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio RW: Key West
    Aneesa Ferreira RW: Chicago
    Ashley Mitchell RW: Ex-Plosion
    Camila Nakagawa Spring Break Challenge
    Zach Nichols RW: San Diego (2011)
    Emily Schromm RW: D.C.
    Chris "CT" Tamburello RW: Paris
    Cory Wharton RW: Ex-Plosion

Ariane Andrew WWE / Total Divas Black Girls Rock
    Kim Glass Olympic volleyball Covenant House
    Shawn Johnson Olympic gymnastics Hope Sports
    Romeo Miller Rapper Team Hope NOLA
    Josh Murray The Bachelorette Extra Special People
    Terrell Owens NFL wide receiver Ky Cares Foundation
    Riff Raff Rapper Nevada SPCA
    Matt Rife Comedian / Wild 'n Out World Wildlife Foundation
    Justina Valentine Rapper / Wild 'n Out Young Women's Leadership Network
    Michelle Waterson UFC MVP Vets and Players
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-25-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars

Kim Glass, Shawn Johnson, Michelle Waterson and Terrell Owens should be good on the Pros side. Everybody else on that team is fodder.
    Revenge is ice cream.

per wiki:

Champs vs. Stars is an eight-week spin-off show hosted by WWE superstar and former challenge competitor, Mike Mizanin. The show will feature ten Challenge champs and finalists going head-to-head in challenge-style competitions with ten celebrity athletes and entertainers. Players will compete for the chance to earn their share of $150,000 to donate to their charity of choice.
    Format
    Each team will compete in numerous challenges followed by elimination rounds known as "The Arena". Each elimination will alternate between male and female designated elimination weeks. The winning of team of each challenge will name one player of the designated gender as the MVP of the team. The MVP will be safe from the Arena and will earn $5,000 for their charity. He or she will also have the power to choose their team's LVP to compete in the Arena. The losing team will then vote for their LVP to go into the Arena. The two players will battle it out in elimination. The winner returns to the game, while the loser is eliminated.
    Episode 1 - November 21, 2017

Challenge: Tow Truck - Champs won

Zach voted MVP - most valuable player he gets to choose the LVP - least valuable player, the next day Zach chooses Corey because he does not know him.

Elimination: Target Practice - Corey vs Matt - Matt wins

Comments:
    Zach is back, poor Jenna.

Riff Raff volunteered to go into Elimination for the Stars, the next day Matt decided he wanted to volunteer ... don't people watch these challenges, Do Not Volunteer and if someone does Do Not Substitute for them. Think Riff Raff does not feel slighted? Bet he does.

Johnny immediately starts his mind games with the Diva from the WWE ... wow is she pissed. His comments can be construed as sexual harassment. He best be careful in todays environment. Corey tries to make nice.

Big Elephant in the House:
    Camila gets drunk, no camera when the incident happens, but Camila punches a PA (production assistant) in the face then takes off in a golf cart and forgets to unplug it so rips the plug out and drags it behind the cart, them crashes the cart, no injuries. Camila is kicked off the challenge. Wonder if the PA will sue her for the $450,000 Camila just won? That would be too funny if Camila lost that money in a law suit.

Individually the Stars are powerhouse athletes, especially the Olympians and the professional sports ones and on a one to one basis could beat the Champs. Some of the other Stars are questionable. The one thing that trips up the Stars as it triped up the Pros on the previous season of this particular franchise is that the Champs play the game in a 24/7 arena and they know how to play an vote and that gets the Pros and Stars every time.

FORT Fanatic

I thought the former wwe diva overreacted with bananas. She started getting furious over a flavor of love comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I thought the former wwe diva overreacted with bananas. She started getting furious over a flavor of love comment.
    Then it got worst with the KY Jelly comment.

She takes herself very seriously.

To show how little she was used by the WWE, I didn't even notice she had been released by the company even though I follow wrestling.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    To show how little she was used by the WWE, I didn't even notice she had been released by the company even though I follow wrestling.
    Kinda hard to notice anyone else when the Bella Twins are around. 'Sides I have heard the lifespan of a DIVA tends to be short around 5 years.

FORT Fanatic

She was a pretty terrible wrestler, I'm surprised she was there for that long.

She was a pretty terrible wrestler, I'm surprised she was there for that long.
    Weeeeeeell, I think the DIVAs are on more for storylines than actual wrestling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast