+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Season 29

FORT Newbie

Re: The Challenge: Season 29

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Looks as if there is one more chance to get a ticket to the Oasis and the rest will be sent home and then the Oasis cast meets the Champions.

Theo was pathetic ... so much for a D1 athlete. Nelson is nasty and I wish they would take his confessionals off the air. At least when the Champs arrive we will have better snippets of snark and snipe.

Can't believe Cara Maria is still with Abram talk about an abusive relationship.

You are right, when you think about it there is only 3 men and 3 women competing for the final spots: Shane, Nelson & Anthony / Amanda, Sylvia and LaToya.

Hope Nelson and Amanda get in !

Smashley's already polidicking. Way to coin a phrase and then be an example for it.

Cory with a veteran move by convincing Smashley to pick somebody he thinks he can potentially beat while getting the house to vote him in because he figures he's a better shot at winning a one-on-one elimination round than a free-for-all challenge round.

People need to seriously stop underestimating Jenna; she's probably not the most athletic of the women on the show, but she's got a large frame compared to most the other women on the show, and in the Challenge and elimination rounds, especially physical ones, that counts for a lot. Also get a feeling she's like CT in that she's sneaky smart, and while she's probably not great at puzzles, she's probably not at as much as a disadvantage as she'd like her opponents to think.

Kailah's "I graduated college and I'm dumb as [expletive]" is probably one of the most accurate things that can be said about college, in general.

Theo talks too much.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Smashley's already polidicking. Way to coin a phrase and then be an example for it.

Cory with a veteran move by convincing Smashley to pick somebody he thinks he can potentially beat while getting the house to vote him in because he figures he's a better shot at winning a one-on-one elimination round than a free-for-all challenge round.

People need to seriously stop underestimating Jenna; she's probably not the most athletic of the women on the show, but she's got a large frame compared to most the other women on the show, and in the Challenge and elimination rounds, especially physical ones, that counts for a lot. Also get a feeling she's like CT in that she's sneaky smart, and while she's probably not great at puzzles, she's probably not at as much as a disadvantage as she'd like her opponents to think.

Kailah's "I graduated college and I'm dumb as [expletive]" is probably one of the most accurate things that can be said about college, in general.

Theo talks too much.
    I wouldn't say too much but boy are they loud and very opinionated personalities who at a very young age think they are right about everything. Seriously, no one will miss their DNA if none of them do not reproduce. In fact there is too much stupid in the human race as it is, geld them all.
    No goat killers on my island.

Kailah's quote had me dying.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

FORT Fogey

The Challenge: Season 29

The AYTO people suck. MTV really needs to come up with a better feeder system for these shows. Who died an made Nelson in charge? He has proven nothing yet walks around like hes the king. Amanda? Who the hell is Amanda to act like shes anything? LaToya is another one. Seeing these newbies really makes you miss even the worst Vets.

Seeing Theo get the boot was quite satisfying. Especially now knowing he most likely will not be back since he quit.

I still dont get how people let Johnny compare what he did to Sarah to what she did to him. She made a move for the game. The guy still had the chance to save himself and lost. Plus he was already eliminated on that show and got a break to come back. He used her, manipulated her and then stole money she won for him. I would have more respect if he just manned up and said "yea I screwed her because I could" instead of playing the victim getting revenge card.
    Im not going to argue that hes the GOAT of challenge but seeing some of the teams he won with, you see it wasnt always him. I forgot about his and Franks "twitter" feud that led to them being Rivals 2 partners. Quite the unfair team.

Edit: I also think it's a great rule that you need to win an elimination to move on. That should be a staple. You can't compete in a final unless u win a gauntlet. The strategizing would be awesome. People would be jockeying to go against the weaker ones when they are going in.
    Last edited by Giggity22; 02-19-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Amy Lee likes this.

Edit: I also think it's a great rule that you need to win an elimination to move on. That should be a staple. You can't compete in a final unless u win a gauntlet. The strategizing would be awesome. People would be jockeying to go against the weaker ones when they are going in.
    Yeah, you're right.

I always watch the The Challenge when it's shown in a later time slot because I'm real time viewing or DVRing other shows at the time of the original broadcast. (Time Warner allows me to only DVR two shows at a time!) For some reason I don't understand, this season, the episodes are only shown one time and not repeated. Anybody know why??? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Yeah, you're right.

I always watch the The Challenge when it's shown in a later time slot because I'm real time viewing or DVRing other shows at the time of the original broadcast. (Time Warner allows me to only DVR two shows at a time!) For some reason I don't understand, this season, the episodes are only shown one time and not repeated. Anybody know why??? Thanks.
    Same problem here and I don't know why unless they feel this series is on its way out. I luv the challenge but they do need another fresh meat to intro some other folks than the waste of DNA that are AYTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    The AYTO people suck. MTV really needs to come up with a better feeder system for these shows. Who died an made Nelson in charge? He has proven nothing yet walks around like hes the king. Amanda? Who the hell is Amanda to act like shes anything? LaToya is another one. Seeing these newbies really makes you miss even the worst Vets.

Seeing Theo get the boot was quite satisfying. Especially now knowing he most likely will not be back since he quit.

I still dont get how people let Johnny compare what he did to Sarah to what she did to him. She made a move for the game. The guy still had the chance to save himself and lost. Plus he was already eliminated on that show and got a break to come back. He used her, manipulated her and then stole money she won for him. I would have more respect if he just manned up and said "yea I screwed her because I could" instead of playing the victim getting revenge card.

Im not going to argue that hes the GOAT of challenge but seeing some of the teams he won with, you see it wasnt always him. I forgot about his and Franks "twitter" feud that led to them being Rivals 2 partners. Quite the unfair team.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Best Quote Ever.

What kills me is that Sarah was responsible for all three teams being at the finale. While Johnny has won more challenges than any other person if you really look he wins by not going into elimination, and basically bullying people and getting others voted in besides him. He also has won with some great partners. Really how many challenges has he won as an individual?
    Amy Lee likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Best Quote Ever.

What kills me is that Sarah was responsible for all three teams being at the finale. While Johnny has won more challenges than any other person if you really look he wins by not going into elimination, and basically bullying people and getting others voted in besides him. He also has won with some great partners. Really how many challenges has he won as an individual?
    I get that it's a game and you have to play it and he does that perfectly. However when push came to shove, he always expected people to save him and cater to him.
    I don't have the exact numbers but I would assume when he is in an elimination, his record is either .500 or below. In the one where Sarah screwed him, he was 0-2 alone. The Johnny back incident was another that comes to mind as well as his watermelon loss they showed in his HOF episodes. That's 4 right there.

What Sarah did to him was exactly what him and Kenny did to Paula on the island letting Ev in their boat to save his a$$. That's what you can compare it to. Not screwing her out of money SHE won.

The Sarah thing just drives me nuts because it was MTV manufactured BS. That thing was rigged from the start to favor him bc they knew he would be the only one to do that.

And like I said, he hides behind what she did to him instead of owning it.
    Bearcata and Amy Lee like this.

Same problem here and I don't know why unless they feel this series is on its way out. I luv the challenge but they do need another fresh meat to intro some other folks than the waste of DNA that are AYTO.
    I also think it's a huge red flag that this show is on its way out. Why else not devote more time slots to it?

+ Reply to Thread