+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Show Discussion (5/5) - **SPOILERS**

I agree, Grammar. Some people like to stir things up. This could also be true for a "reality" show: Chris and his manipulative musings and hypnosis hypotheses could also be there to "stir things up." On the "Chris # 17" thread on FORT, there were some suggestions that his hypnosis mumbo-jumbo is scripted. This totally makes sense, especially since the same thread indicates that Chris is an actor and has appeared in bit parts on popular TV shows. I wouldn't put it past Fox to do something like this, just to keep the audience tuning in.

Fox Exec: "Chris, you'll be playing the psycho hypnotist in the guise of a motivational speaker..."

Chris: "Wow, that’s like totally cool since I haven’t played one of those before. Should help me to land a gig on ‘CSI’"
    Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. (Goethe)

FORT Fogey

Smell the latex

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    I watched it. It was somewhat interesting. Big Bird got crazy drunk after mixing Zanax with alcohol.
    That was the best part. Notice how unsympathetic Hayley was when he first approached her and tried to explain. Why did the idiot give her a ring? Did he think she would give him her heart in exchange?

The whole premise of the show is based on such false concepts as finding your soulmate and eternal love. How much more crap are they going to feed us?

"Mr. Personality" is so lame that even Monica can barely be glimpsed. Actually, that's not so bad because she makes it worse. She has absolutely no "presence" whatsoever and just stands around looking awkward and fat. Do I sound too much like Heidi?

Hayley is so shallow that when Mr. Red (Michael) took off his mask she made no bones about the fact that had she passed him on the street he would not have caught her eye and admitted she was basing her judgement on looks. Did anyone apprise this woman of what this show is supposed to be about?

I will discuss the creepiness of Chris on his thread.

The entire thing reeks of latex.

Redney, thank you for getting things back on topic.

I hate to do this, but when I'm quoted and responded too I feel the need to respond again. Then I will get back to topic

Originally posted by Dina
    responding to Cali
    Why do you think Chris is creepy? (because you believe hypnosis is creepy, you don't know much about it & have no other reason not to like Chris that I know of. Correct?)
    Ummm... incorrect.

And thanks ever so much for pointing out one of my many spelling errors. Anyone who has been here for any length of time and is educated in anything Cali, knows my spelling is a big joke. It does not however reflect upon my intelligence.

Feel free to proof read

****Edited to try to take out anything that might set someone off. I left other things simply because they have been responded to, or were a direct response, not me going off on one particular thing.
    Last edited by cali; 05-06-2003 at 06:04 PM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Okely Dokely, back to post show discussion... Um, I still haven't seen it, and I haven't read a recap yet... why the hell am I in this thread?

I find Hayley to be very bland too. I was hoping she would be more fun to watch. Not too happy to hear that things aren't changing to much.

Cali --

One of the reasons I love the FORT is that - for the most part - people here seem adult enough to forgive the occasional spelling error, understanding that sometimes we are lurking from work or distracted by the screams of young children. Spelling is the least of our worries.

As a writer, freelance journalist and now a marketing 'person' in a large company, grammar and spelling seem natural to me. It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't the same for everyone else. I know some otherwise brilliant, well-educated people who write poorly and spell terribly - but it doesn't diminish their intelligence in the least.

(so there!)

Redney - I 've had a frustrating day as it was. I was enjoying the thread simply for the sport of it. but ok, back on topic.

What was up with Monica last night? Was she just not wearing makeup? Did she have a face-lift between episodes 1 and 3? She looked different last night ....

FORT Fogey
    People can we focus on what's important here?

We are discussing "MR. PERSONALITY" for gawd's sake! Let us keep our priority straight!

My Gosh!!! I thought I had wandered into the Clay thread of AI there for a minute.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Dina, if you want to defend the profession of motivational speaking or whatever creepy thing it is that Chris does, that's fine and dandy. But I will not tolerate your continued bashing of our members' opinions on the subject of a reality show contestant. They can think whatever the heck they want to think, and you are in no position to tell them they're wrong.

John, I just wanted to openly apologize for my part in this. I have edited some of my posts (Nothing that has been replied too, as that would look ridiculous)

Back on track baby

No worries - when someone attacks your opinions, it's only natural to get peeved. I really hate instigators. If I weren't so nice, I'd review everyone's first post, and decide whether to ban them or not based on just that.

And Bumpkin, I agree. Spelling and grammar used to bug the heck outta me, but now I'm not so concerned about it. I realize it's not the end of the world if someone spells something wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast