+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Show Discussion (5/5) - **SPOILERS**

LG.
    Originally posted by Dina
    You all must not know too much about hynosis & subliminal persuasion, (obviously) if you're so "creeped out" & wimped out about it. Do your homework & broaden your horizon's a tad bit before you show your lack of knowledge about a subject.
    I know enough about hypnosis to know that attempting to influence someone by a hidden method is not anything I want to be around. I've read about sublminal advertising and I think that is creepy too. If you read the membership agreement when you enrolled at the FORT, you'll see that we're actually not required to do research in order to express an opinion on this website. However, if you wanted to provide a link to some resources about hypnosis so that we could easily educate ourselves I think that would receive a more positive response than your rather dismissive post.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Well, Chris must not be too "creepy" in person if Hayley keeps him around. I bet he is her final pick & you all will have a heyday with all your like thinking, I'm sure.

You all must not know too much about hynosis & subliminal persuasion, (obviously) if you're so "creeped out" & wimped out about it. Do your homework & broaden your horizon's a tad bit before you show your lack of knowledge about a subject.
    I know a little bit about "hypnosis and subliminal persuasion". Enough to know that if that is how you need to pick up women, then Chris probably has a lonely life indeed.

How about trying just being yourself. Probably though in Chris' case, that is a losing strategy.

Is it your position, Dina, that manipulating someone's emotions is an appropriate method for finding love?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I know a little bit about "hypnosis and subliminal persuasion".

Is it your position, Dina, that manipulating someone's emotions is an appropriate method for finding love?
    If you knew so much about it, then you would know that it does not affect your emotions, but your subconcious thought processes. So, your question about manipulating emotions is irrelevant.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    If you read the membership agreement when you enrolled at the FORT, you'll see that we're actually not required to do research in order to express an opinion on this website. I think that would receive a more positive response than your rather dismissive post.
    Just because you do not "have" to know anything about your subject does not mean that a person should just start spouting off about a subject in which they obviously know nothing about.

Other uneducated people might actually come to the conclusion that you know what you're talking about & not do any of their own research about it & go through life speaking like you.

And, my post was not intended to be positive, but enlightening.

LG.
    I fail to see the "enlightenment" in your condescending post which offers no actual facts.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

If you knew so much about it, then you would know that it does not affect your emotions, but your subconcious thought processes. So, your question about manipulating emotions is irrelevant.
    Really?

So manipulating someone's thoughts in order to get them to like you is not effecting their emotions?

Please explain how that works.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Must say first off that I lived both LG and Bill's resonses.
    Now I feel the need to respond to one part of your post Dina

To say that we are not allowed to think that Chris is creepy, is rediculous. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't read anyone as saying they though Hypnosis was creepy. Just Chris.
    I take offense at the fact that you want to come in, call us ignorant wimps, then continue to slam our opinions on the person we see on TV.

It is possible, that since this is a reality TV site, that we have no desire to "broaden our horizons" and "do our homework" on hypnosis in order to discuss how we feel about a contestant.

It is my opinion that Chris implementing any type of hypnosis/suggested behavior techniques makes him creepy.

Now, if he wants to hypnotise me to quit smoking... fine
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Gotta be ChrisMom, or better yet Chris himself using a female name to throw Fox off the trail.

Everyone needs to remember that the FORT has grown right along with the explosion in Reality programming.

Anyone with an ego as large as Chris' seems to be is going to find the FORT with a good Google search. My ego is relatively small (compared to Chris' especially!) and I've googled my *own* name.

Certain posters here I view with a good amount of suspicion, because I believe that the contestants eventually find their way here. If their morals (regards the legal agreement they signed) prohibit them, at least they have their mom or sister come check out the boards ...

So Dina -- I've always had a secret dream of being a motivational speaker. Just how did Dina/Chris get her/your break?? Should I start studying hypnosis/manipulation as a pre-requisite for the job?

oh yeah. Chris is entirely creepy.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Bumpkin

So Dina -- I've always had a secret dream of being a motivational speaker. Just how did Dina/Chris get her/your break?? Should I start studying hypnosis/manipulation as a pre-requisite for the job?
    Don't quit your day job. A motivational speaker has to be able to appeal to a person's intellect. If hypnosis & subliminal persuasion "creep you out" you'd never make it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast