+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touchy! Touchy! Miffed Monica pulls a no show

Touchy! Touchy! Miffed Monica pulls a no show

From Star magazine

I'VE got the REAL scoop on why Monica Lewinsky backed out of an appearance on the hot new Fox morning show, Good Day Live. Bill Clinton's former squeeze was all set to promote her new Fox show Mr. Personality, but the day before her scheduled visit, Live hosts Steve Edwards and Jillian Barberie took some biting potshots at her. Steve mused: "Why IS Monica Lewinsky so famous?" And Jillian joked: "She's famous because she SERVICED the president of the United States!" Monica, 29, happened to be watching and became outraged. She abruptly canceled her appearance, with the flimsy excuse that she couldn't be up and ready by 9 a.m. -- it was too early. The next day, outspoken Jillian blasted Monica on the air: "If you're gonna have your own show, you need to get up and promote it! I plugged your handbag line -- the least you could do is show up!" Easy, ladies.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Considering the source, make of this article what you will folks
    "That's Numberwang!"

to be honest, if I was about to go on and promote a show and they took pot shots at me, I'd do one of two things:

1) Learn to laugh at myself, because really, she has to know why she's "famous"

or

2) Tell them the truth about why I wasn't coming "Ya know, I realize it may be fun to make jokes at my expense, but I didn't find it funny, so sod off"

**Fluff, did I use "sod off" correctly?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

By mistake, I fell into the Good Day Live show yesterday.
    What trash!! At least the 5 min I watched was.

Just my two cents worth.
    Thanks for listening

I think that when you invite a guest into your home it would be poor form to trash her before she gets there.

The same goes for a TV interview especially since her interview would bring money into your pocket.

We all know why Monica Lewinsky is famous. She only continues to be so as long as we tune in to shows that she is on. Yes, she did the deed, but we looked on and continue to do so. Which is worse?

Would Mr. Personality do as well without Ms. Lewinsky. We may never know. Do we watch just to see the show or to see what she will say and do on the show? Probably a little of both.

I do not blame her for not showing up. She would seem to be betraying herself by showing up in the lions den. Then again she does that each time she gets in front of a camera. If she really wants to get away from the insults then she needs to get out of the spotlight all together. That is not likely to happen so we will either see her suck it up and take the heat or we will see her skipping the trashers.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Also, I would hardly call her a "squeeze." I don't think there were enough feelings coming from the other side to get that high of a title.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread