+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post-Show Discussion 04/28 **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Cali, you must be a guy. Who else would construe the guys' behavior as "Flirting?" Getting off on a lap dance & taking a girl to your "bathroom" is more than flirting. I'm glad Hayley could see how they behave around females. The others could conduct themselves like gentlemen, why is that? They are the ones who can be trusted. Not the "flirters." I would have ditched them too. Thank God my husband doesn't act like that around other females. He'd be gone too. No, I would have never nmarried him in the first place & he knows it. He decided on having me, not every other woman he wants to "flirt" with.

Originally posted by Dina
    Cali, you must be a guy. Who else would construe the guys' behavior as "Flirting?" Getting off on a lap dance & taking a girl to your "bathroom" is more than flirting.
    Ummm...I think she was being facetious in her definition. Just a guess.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And she's not a guy.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie
    No, Grammar Goddess I don't think so. Read her post again. Do you really agree?

FORT Newbie
    Do you think she was "being facetious" when she said Hayley was being a "royal bitch" for being put out by their behavior? (I hope you would be put out, too. But, then I don't know anything about you.) Maybe that's why men continue to behave the way they do sometimes because some females allow them to, and don't stand up for themselves. That's sad.

I stand by my original post. I do think she was being facetious, as well as pointing out the strong double-standard of Hayley going off to the dark room and expecting those guys not to have a reaction to that!

I won't argue the point, but am happy to agree to disagree.

As an FYI, after last night I do find Hayley to be shallow, petty and yes, a bit bitchy. The guys she has let go should consider themselves lucky! I didn't like the attorney, but I applaud him for admitting there simply was zero chemistry.

LG.
    I think the "(?)" directly following the word "flirting" in the original post speaks to the poster's intent for the word to be taken with a grain of salt.

Back to the show, some of those guys were acting shockingly immature for their ages and the fact that they knew they were on a tv show. Do you think it has to do with the illusion of anonymity they feel when wearing the masks? Makes me think of how "uninhibited" Jim Carrey's character acting while wearing his mask in the movie "The Mask" whereas his unmasked Stanley what'shisface character in the movie was quite reserved.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Very good point, lurkinggirl. I'd venture to guess all of us on the Internet enjoy that anonymity to some extent.

Many of these men creep me out, though! The preview on hypnosis...ick. I don't like minor league mind games and he sounds like he's trying to play major league mind games!

I gave this show a 2nd night's try cause I thought maybe it would get better, but ... damn...I think this is the most ridiculous reality show they've ever came up with.

And whats with Hayley? Even though she's there to find someone with PERSONALITY regardless of their looks.... she still goes "oh he wasnt that good looking so thank god he left" .... Ehm..excuse me???? Are we missing the point of this game here?? lol.
    I was sitting there going "Why is she commenting on his looks? THought that wasn't supposed to matter?"

Ah well. Guess my monday nights just opened up to do other stuff ... or watch other channels =)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast