+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Personality’ boycott over Monica?

‘Personality’ boycott over Monica?

‘Personality’ boycott over Monica?

MSNBC

April 24 — Bush bashers aren’t the only entertainers being threatened with a boycott these days. Some outraged Americans are asking fellow viewers to boycott Fox Television’s “Mr. Personality” and all companies who advertise on the new reality show, which is hosted by Monica Lewinsky.

SOME OF the calls for boycott are being launched on — of all places — the show’s own message board.

“OK I turned the show on long enough to see who is paying FOX & MONICA’S salaries,” noted one viewer, who then supplied links to the advertisers Arby’s, Chevy and Hyundai, and told viewers how to complain.

“I too am really surprised and appalled for Fox’s choice of Monica Lewinski [sic] for anything,” another posting said. “One great way to get Fox’s attention is to watch the show, make note of every advertiser, and tell each advertiser that you will avoid using their product as long as they are a commercial sponsor for a show with ML on it.”

Some of the posts advocating a boycott, however, were removed after The Scoop called Fox for comment. A spokesman for Fox had no comment.

Oh God, get a freakin' life.
    Is there nothing more pressing in your life that could warrent your rabid attention?
    give me a break.

On another note....******ignorance alert******
    What does it mean when the articles have "[sic]" in them? I've seen this before but I am clueless
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

sic1 [sýk]
    adverb(ial) so or thus: inserted in brackets in a written or printed text to indicate that an odd or questionable reading is what was actually written or printed
    [ETYMOLOGY: Latin]
    Basically, a typo, but you want to point it out rather than correct it.

LG.
    it is used when there was a grammatical or other error in text that is being quoted, because you are not supposed to correct errors in quotations.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ahhh, Thanks!!

The funny thing (or perhaps the sad thing), is that when I read, I do so, so quickly that generally I read what I know it was supposed to say. I hardly ever catch misspellings, or grammatical errors.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It's also sometimes fun to use a sic to point up a particularly amusing typo. They're good for highlighting irony.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Here's my favorite 'definition' of the work (sic)......'Stupidity In Context'!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I am not a fan of Monica Lewinsky, but a boycott? How ludicrous is that?

Her worst crime is stupidity. The girl already has pretty much ruined any chance of having a normal happy future life. I almost feel sorry for her. Can you honestly picture anyone asking her to settle down and have a family? Let her have her reality show in peace. :rolleyes
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Here's what I just don't get about a boycott of a TV show's advertisers - someone who's boycotting has to watch to find out the advertisers, right? What's the purpose of the boycott then, if you have to actually PAY ATTENTION to the commercials?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well , I thought I had heard everything. What was the person doing watching the show if they were so upset? It goes back to the best way to get rid of a show, is to just not watch it. :cough AM I HOT Cough:
    Maybe they should have Hil and Monica be co-hosts...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast