+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox dating show 'Mr. Personality' has strong premiere

Fox dating show 'Mr. Personality' has strong premiere

Fox dating show 'Mr. Personality' has strong premiere

NEW YORK (AP) Mr. Personality, the Fox reality dating show with Monica Lewinsky as host, displayed a dominant personality with viewers for its premiere Monday night, according to Nielsen Media Research figures.

In its time period, Mr. Personality placed second, with 12.2 million viewers, to CBS' back-to-back Everybody Loves Raymond episodes, which averaged 13.8 million viewers. NBC's Third Watch and ABC's The Practice ranked third and fourth, respectively.

In the 18-to-49-year-old demographic, Mr. Personality decisively won, with a 5.7 rating and 14 share, compared to CBS (4.7 rating, 12 share), NBC (4.1 rating, 10 share), and ABC (2.7 rating, 7 share). A ratings point represents 1,067,000 households, or 1% of the nation's estimated 106.7 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

Mr. Personality features a single woman wooed by 20 masked men, with Lewinsky by her side for support. Lewinsky first gained national attention as a White House intern who had a sexual relationship with President Clinton.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think this will change drastically without the AI lead in.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'm not sure about that. Fox seems to have their finger on the pulse of America's guilty pleasures.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think people just tuned in to see how freaky these guys would look in masks. Now that that's out of the way, I don't see any reason to continue watching!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I probably won't continue tuning in. Not that THAT matters

I had no previous interest in MP and probably would not have watched if it were not for the AI lead-in. However, I got suckered into the first show, and will probably tune in next week out of curiousity. I'd rather watch this rather than the Bachelor, which I think has gotten stale.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Let the body talk droolingovrhim's Avatar
    Hi.

I always liked it better when a woman is in charge of picking the men instead of the other way around. The Bachelorette definitely tuned me in, as Mr. Personality did too. Perhaps women's instincts are sharper than men when it comes to picking soulmates...the men always choose the girl from sex appeals, whereas the women choose between a balance of many factors and elements. And since most of the viewers watching this genre of show are female, it is better to think from a woman's point of view.

Yeah, I'll probably get suckered into next week.
    Remember, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you.

FORT Fogey

Getting suckered is only the beginning

SnowflakeGirl writes:
    I had no previous interest in MP and probably would not have watched if it were not for the AI lead-in. However, I got suckered into the first show, and will probably tune in next week out of curiousity. I'd rather watch this rather than the Bachelor, which I think has gotten stale.
    And that is precisely how networks get their audience.

I agree with you about this latest "Bachelor." He is lame, the show is getting old and we are all looking for new guilty pleasures.

Mr. Personality needs to switch gears now to make it interesting. We've already had a taste of controversy with the Mascot flouncing off in a stew. Let's hope that each week, some guy does something more shocking than the rose ceremony.

see, I didn't watch the AI special but did tune in for this.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'll probably watch again next week.
    I'm intrigued to see what other mind games the dark green number 17 guy tries out on her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast