+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what happens if she finds him unattractive?

So what happens if she finds him unattractive?

I was just wondering. I honestly think the concept of the show is great. To find someone to date that you actually like for what’s inside. Then I began to wonder, in a good relationship there has to be a physical attraction as well. Will she wind up with a good “friend” if she’s not attracted to him? How awful would it be to not be attracted to someone you really, really liked?

I think it would have been a great idea to have some kind of mesh type thing over their eyes and mouths so she couldn’t even see their eye’s and smiles. Then have a room with headshots of all the guys. So at the end she had to pick a picture and a Personality. If they were two different guys she’d have to choose which one to date.

I think I have too much time on my hands
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

tiii-iiiii-iiii-iiime is on your side.... yes, it is!

i said pretty much the same thing, cali. yeah, i understand that the guy doesn't have to be a pretty boy to get my attention, but his looks do play a part and chemistry is very important.

It's sad that appearance is a factor at all, but it really is.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

indeed. you can like his personality all you want, but if you don't want to kiss him after you SEE him, there's a problem.

and that sort of rejection will hurt far worse imo.... that she liked him prior to seeing his face. OUCH!

yeah... ouch big time.

Honestly I have met people who have become better looking to me the longer I have known them, but when it comes to a "desire" there needs to be something
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I didn't think any of the guys left were so unattractive that I wouldn't date one if I was totally digging his personality. None of these guys were that hot or that homely - all sort of average looking guys. However, if the freak from the ads (who isn't really on the show, nice advertising gimmic, Fox :rolleyes ), hmmm.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

yeah, i agree, lg. they weren't toads or anything. but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you know... and we have no idea what hayley thinks is beautiful. if she's normally attracted to pretty boys, this could really be a shock.

Maybe, if she finds him unattractive, the producers will give him the mask as a going-away present.

LG.
    I think she sounds rather open to dating a less attractive guy based on his personality in her confessionals. That is the right attitude to have for this show, Hayley.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

A neat twist might be welding the mask shut after the winner is selected so she NEVER has to know what he looks like.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast