+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Personality (4/21) Post Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yep, only 5 episodes (unless it's popular, and then Fox of course will drag it out with a recap episode).

#17, subliminal guy, gave Hayley the funky ring, and he did stay.

I just read every post in this thread, even though I didn't watch the show. And I have to say, I can't for the life of me imagine what went on during that hour last night!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I am sure FG's recap will bring it all into focus for you.

Suffice to say there were lots of masks, some dancing, an astologer, and Monica Lewinsky.
    Last edited by Bill; 04-22-2003 at 01:47 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    It was the millionaire guy who talked about losing his father. I'm so cynical, I immediately thought, BINGO, the million bucks is life insurance.

number 17 has got to go - what an ego

I'm glad #10 was shown the door - fruitcake seems waaaaay to emotional, he's unstable
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    :rolf
    Hey, cool! My back feels great now! Thanks, Bill!

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Dude!! WHAT WAS UP WITH MASCOT GUY???? Why was he surprised by the cheesy psychic stuff? hel-LO!! You're on a FOX reality show hosted by Monica Lewinsky! What did you expect? That killed me.

Number 17.....eewwww!!!!

Who did they keep identifying as "Developer/Millionaire"? I fell asleep right after they unmasked the departing 10

Someone fill me in!

FORT Newbie

Some thoughts that floated around my head while watching the show

Damn. I sincerely hope reality TV isn’t just in a phase like women who are attracted to guys that treat them like crap. C’mon ladies. You know what I’m talking about. You’ve all gone through it before. In fact, I guarantee some of you reading this are currently in it right now. There’s always that one really great guy who’s perfect boyfriend material- well mannered, good looking, holds a steady job, and treats you like a princess. Yet there’s the other guy who treats you like dirt who you can’t get enough of that you end up going out with. For a while. I’ve never understood it, and I never will. Where was I? Oh yeah. What I’m trying to say is, I never want reality TV to get old. Keeping coming up with more garbage like we saw last night on “Mr. Personality”. Keep it coming. The worse it is, the more I like it. It’s kind of like that saying, “Pizza is like sex. When it’s good, it’s great. When it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.” Just substitute reality TV for pizza. That’s how I feel. I think. I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about anymore. Anyway, on to the show…..

-As the show begins, we are immediately introduced to our female contestant who’ll be choosing from the 20 “Phantom of the Opera” rejects. Let’s play a little game. Which name doesn’t fit among these prominent reality TV contestants: Evan Marriott, Andrew Firestone, Richard Hatch, Kelly Clarkson, Aaron Burge, Tina Wesson….Hayley Arp? What the hell is a Hayley Arp? Is she a long lost daughter of the Zappa’s?

-Even worse, her brother’s name is Dodger Arp. One more time. Dodger Arp. I don’t even know what to make of that. Is your Dodger Arp something inside your car? Perhaps it’s a giant blemish that appears on the skin after constant pressure is applied to one area. “Hey Bill, that’s a huge Dodger Arp on your leg.” I wouldn’t leave the house if I were named Dodger Arp. Sucks to be him.

-I find Hayley to be pretty attractive. She’s got a good body, I like her better with her hair down, definitely doesn’t have implants, nice skin, and GIANT CHOMPERS. She sort of has the “Butthead” gums thing going. Not that bad, but definitely noticeable.

-Her passion is cooking, and she loves Italian food. Outstanding. I can’t wait til’ she goes on a one-on-one date to the Olive Garden.

-“I’m sick of dating guys who rely solely on their looks.” How did I know that this phrase would come out of her mouth on the first show? Could the producers have been any more obvious? “It definitely won’t matter what the guy looks like.” Oh really. You don’t say? And this whole time I imagined you were going to base your whole decision on which color you liked the best. Already she’s irritating.

-We’re ready to meet the Phantoms. We can either call them that, or that Masked Magician guy a couple years back that gave away all the magic tricks. Look. I’m a huge magic fan. The whole point about magic is to not know what the hell those people are doing. Why did that guy force me to watch his shows? I was completely convinced you could throw knives blindfolded at a human spinning on a wheel and not touch one vital organ of his body until they showed me how it’s done. That still pisses me off. Yet there I was, glued to the TV set, watching every stinkin’ episode of that crap. I think there was like 9 different shows. Anyway, is there a way to go back and pretend I never saw those tricks?

-A pretty anticlimactic first meeting if you ask me. She comes out in her little pink dress that resembled something “Formal Barbie” wore back in the day. This is what I thought it was. Pink sequence with a pink mesh bottom. I don’t know enough about women’s material that I probably just made a complete ass out of myself with that guess. Whatever. I tried. See ladies, I’m one of those good guys. You know, the ones you never date. Wait a second. That sounded horrible. Scratch that. Anyway, she comes out all dolled up, the guys turned around, and there’s 20 of them staring at her looking exactly the same. Not the same effect as say, the bachelors on “Temptation Island” seeing the twenty single skanks trot out in bikini’s right before their eyes.

-Commercial. Michael Jackson has his 56th network TV special in the last 2 months coming this Thursday on Fox. He’s showing us his home movies. Ummmm…..do I REALLY need to see Michael Jackson’s PRIVATE home movies? I mean, do I REALLY need to see this? How in the world is network television getting away with airing this? Shouldn’t this be on “Skinemax” at 2:30am? Yikes.

-Here she comes. The woman who blew the President of the United States right in the middle of the Oval Office while he was on the phone ordering a pizza. I still cannot believe the President was getting serviced by an intern while in office. The President of the United Freakin’ States. Crazy.

-Monica went through a phase where she had dropped a lot of weight and looked really, really good. Monica no longer is in that phase. In fact, she’s about 4 phases away from that phase. However, she is damned good at reading cue cards, I will say that. Wow. What a professional reader she is. This is her calling. I can feel it. No it isn’t. Her calling is…..I’m sorry. Too easy.

-Among our 20 masked losers are a musician, shoe salesman, lawyer, NFL mascot, computer technician, and a millionaire. Their salaries range from zero to $230,000 a year. No comment other than I know I at least could’ve qualified for this show.

-“I love being danced around by 20 men wearing masks”. Huh? You do this often? Fox seems to like making these first encounters a private dance. How many times is the first time you’ve ever met and spoke with someone been over an elegant dance? If dancing’s involved in your first meeting, it’s usually done with the guy grinding so hard against you, you ladies give that universal sign to your friends to come save you from the club drunk trying to screw you with his clothes on. I know you have a sign. I just haven’t figured out yet what it is. And the best part is, that guy is always right in rhythm with you, isn’t he? No matter what you’re trying to accomplish on the dance floor, he’s got his own agenda of, “Let me continue to bump up against her as hard and as fast I can to see if I can get laid tonight.” I’m a definite people watcher at clubs to say the least.

-I really hope there are some dorks under those masks. And I really hope she ends up picking one of them. Would kind of defeat the purpose if she ended up picking a good looking guy at the end of all this, don’t you think?

-Time for each masked wrestler to bring “The Arp” a gift. One guy brings her walkie talkies. And of course, she uses it. “Hello, Number Five, are you there?” “Yeah, I’m here.” “(laughs). Ok. Just wanted to see if you kept yours on.” Riveting dialogue I tell you.

-Some guy who’s a bar manager gave her a picture book of his dog. Cute dog, but since she just met you 4 seconds ago, what does she care about your dog? Now, maybe a picture book of your hog would’ve been a whole different story. Sorry. That was uncalled for.

-Some guy told some lame joke about the best gift he could’ve given her would’ve been his virginity but somewhere between high school and now, he lost it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!!!! Heeee heeee heee heee heeee!!!! This guy is the next Robin Williams. Shutup, dude. That was terrible. I hope you don’t get picked.

-Then there’s #17. When #17 was dancing with Hayley, he told us how he’s got this trick where he can get inside a woman’s subconscious by constantly repeating his number and make her believe she’s falling in love with him or some crap like that. Yeah, whatever Dr. Freud. Now for his gift he gave her his high school ring. What on God’s green earth would she do with that? She didn’t graduate from your high school. I’m sure she didn’t graduate even in the same year as you. The thing looks like you got it from playing a sport. What the hell is she gonna do with a guy’s high school ring that she doesn’t even know? Wear it? Why not just give her your letterman’s jacket while you’re at it?

-At this point in the show, I found myself thinking this: Later on when she’s shacking up with these guys, how exactly is she going to sound when she’s in the “throws of passion”? “Yes! Yes! Oooohhhh Number 7!” “Oooohhh right there, Yellow Mask!” “I love the way you touch me you naughty, naughty Prime Number!” Should be interesting.

-Now, in her final chance to get to know the 20 Zoro’s better, she has an astrologer tell them how compatible they are. Not kidding, I changed the channel at this part. There are very few things I hate in this world, but the whole “you’re-a-gemini-so-you-have-two-sides-to-you” crap is definitely one of them. It’s all bogus, it’s a waste of time, and wrestling is on so I’m flipping over to that to see what the Rock is up to.

-When I flip back, she has brought in the 10 guys she’s eliminating. Let’s go in order:
    #2- CEO of an investment firm. He looked about 40. With a fat head.
    #7- Personal trainer. Apparently during the chat with the astrologist, this guy got off this beauty, “I love to please my woman, then please myself.” What? You’re kidding me, right? He said this in his last impression to her? She says, “He was really attractive. I was sorry to see him go.” Wait a second. I thought this wasn’t about looks. This chick’s as shallow as the deep end in Gary Coleman’s pool.
    #5- Teacher. This was the walkie talkie guy. When he took off his mask, he had on a funny red nose because he said he’s a clown. There are thousands of comedians currently out of work, and we get this guy.
    #6- Pharmecutical Sales Rep. The lone black guy. Astrologist said he’d make the best lover. Uh huh.
    #8- Didn’t catch his job. But he was ugly.
    #10- NFL mascot. Said the whole process sucked. “Went off” on her for not picking him and listening to a “1-800-PSYCHIC” chick that doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Sit down. Stop trying to make yourself memorable on a show that you lasted 42 minutes on.
    #11- Bar manager. This was the guy who gave her the picture book of his dog. He’s disappointed he didn’t get picked, but I can assure you he’ll be happy with his dog. Very happy. In fact, maybe a little too happy. Someone call PETA immediately.
    #12- Computer technician. I thought these two would’ve made a decent couple considering his buck teeth were quite similar to hers. Kids would’ve been lovely.
    #14- Didn’t get his job. He did say though, “It’s been a wonderful experience. I never thought I’d make it as far as I did.” Does this guy think he made it to the merge on “Survivor”? Buddy, you didn’t even get to the 3rd commercial break, what do you mean you never thought you’d make it as far as you did?
    #20- Shoe salesman. Enough said.

-So to break it down numerically, she eliminated #’s 2,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,14, and 20. Which leaves #’s 1,3,4,9,13,15,16,17,18, and 19. Why I felt the need to tell you that, I have no idea. I’m trying to see if there’s some sort of significance with the numbers she eliminated to the numbers she kept, and frankly, I can’t find one damn thing. Oh. Here’s one. Of the ten she kept, 5 of the numbers are prime numbers. For those that didn’t take remedial math, that means numbers divisible by only 1 and themselves. Useless information to impress your friends, wives, and mistresses with. If you add up the 10 numbers of the guys eliminated, it equals 95. If you do the same for the ones she kept, it equals 115. Which proves my theory: Girls like guys with high numbers.

-Only 5 of the 10 remaining caught my attention.
    -Orange is Peyton. He’s a redneck.
    -Blue is Brian. We should all be rooting for him. He’s the one giant dork that the minute he takes off his mask, she’ll throw up. I wonder if Monica liked the guy with the Blue mask.
    -Dark Green is Chris. He’s the Mr. Subconscious guy. Very sure of himself that he’s going to win, meaning we can all officially eliminate him now.
    -Red is Michael. He was the doorknob who told the virginity joke. He’s also bald. Red vs. Blue would be a great Finals matchup.
    -Purple is John. The astrologer said, “he likes to talk dirty in bed.” With or without the mask? I don’t think I’d be able to get busy with that mask on. Man, it would be suffocating under that thing. I need to breathe. Especially when my face is planted in that pillow underneath her. I can only imagine how hot it would be under there.

-I guess my question earlier about what she calls these masked lovers in bed has been answered. The names were revealed. Damn. Color coding her dates would’ve been kinda interesting.

-Scenes from the upcoming weeks show us Hayley getting to watch the guys without them knowing by way of surveillance camera. What is this, “Temptation Island”? They also turn the tables on her and allow alone time with the guys in the dark with their masks off, however, she has to wear a blindfold. Very, very, kinky show this is turning into. I’m gonna like this.

-I need Monica to get more involved here. First show jitters are out of the way. She needs to become more of a focal point in the show. Hell, if you’re gonna have Monica Lewinsky host the show, you better have her do something to keep the viewing audience interested. Have her outside smoking cigars with the boys, or have her deliver a pizza over to the guy’s place. I wonder if Slick Willie is watching this show with Vernon Jordan? You know he is. He can’t get enough of that pig.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I liked the Developer/Millionaire and I thought he was cute. He has sort of a Noah Wyler (the guy from Er) thing going for him. He seemed very sincere also. He is the one wearing the silver mask now.

I really disliked #17 the motivational speaker but he wasn't to bad looking. I just really disliked his whole smug arrogant attitude. I know he probably sees it as a confident, positive attitude. I don't even remember his mask color. Guess he wasn't sending out subliminal messages about that.

I thought that most of these guys were just average looking guys which is something you don't really see much of on reality shows. Except for the hot tempered guy I think all these guys are date material. I thought that the teacher with the clown nose would probably be alot of fun. I thought the frogs were alot more creative than some of the gifts.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

yeah, the millionaire looked a lot better than i expected. he seemed so weasley behind the mask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast