+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monica Lewinsky - thread for all things Monica

I love Monica and think she gets a bum rap! She did great!
    "Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
    - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

FORT Fogey

This isn't the ET interview (maybe it was something else) I referred to in my post but look how good (relatively) and engaging Monica is here:

http://www.etonline.com/television/a15467.htm

(click below her pic where it says "video")

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was actually surprised...she did a lot better than I thought she would.

I guess that's what happens when you have such EXTREMELY low expectations beforehand!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

She didn't make much of an impression on me. Just peppered the broadcast with pointless reaction shots. Perhaps she'll play a more significant role in episodes to come.

I think casting her as the host for this show was a brilliant move--it's kind of a built-in joke. I just hope they can make good use of her, she could be a good girlfriend/confidante to Hayley in the same way Paul the Butler was on JM.

I'm hoping to see some good-ol' candid girl-talk, something Monica's supposed to be good at (let's just hope she's as good as getting to the juicy details as Linda Tripp!). It's a good way to get insight on how Hayley really feels.

I also agree with DeepDish that her stylists must be duly punished--she looked terrible last night, and I've seen her look much better during other TV appearances. Particularly at the unmasking, she looked like an unfortunate bridesmaid, in a cheap, poorly tailored formal dress with wilting hair and unflattering make-up. I'm sure with all the money FOX saved on Married By America, they could swing to get poor Monnie something nicer than the Zum-Zum prom dress they put in her in yesterday! She is capable of looking quite pretty, I'm sure they can do a much better job than that.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    lurkinggirl asks:
    was Alex on Joe Millionaire?
    Yes, she was lg, but her screen time was severely limited and when she did appear she was very awkward and stiff.

Originally posted by BravoFan
    I was actually surprised...she did a lot better than I thought she would.

I guess that's what happens when you have such EXTREMELY low expectations beforehand!

I was just hoping she wouldn't annoy me.
    She didn't. Bonus
    "That's Numberwang!"

Actually, I thought Monica did pretty well. She wasn't SUPPOSED to be the main focus of attention. And, she sounded pretty natural when giving her lines.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

She need not be the main focus of attention, true. But what distinguishes a great host from just any host (or, heck, from a piece of furniture on the set) is the ability to inject some charm, energy and personality into the proceedings.

If Mon was overzealous, I would be bugged too. But I really don't think it befits her to play Hayley's homely wallflower friend who stands by the punch bowl all evening either! I think, from past interviews and such, Monica has much more charm than she exuded last Monday. Why not capitalize on it? What's the point of having Monica Lewinsky be your host? Why not pay less for your typical, generic, Alex from Joe Millionaire type host? Because you want a spunky (no pun intended), outspoken, brand-name personality, that's why. The operative word being *personality* here.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Monica wasn't too bad as these things go, but she is staying in the background right now.

She is already doing a better job than Alex McCloud did on JM

Hahahahaha.

The very mention of Alex McCloud and Joe Millionaire is inherently hilarious.

Btw... once again... great recaps for Joe, Bill!
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

I may be alone in thinking this though, but I thought it was a little ironic that she pulled Hayley into the deliberation room and said, "you have to see this" and then showed the tapes of the masked men getting frisky with the female guests. Isn't that how she got caught with the ex-prez? Didn't Linda Tripp record their conversations and then told someone, "you have to listen to this."

I just loved the irony of it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast