+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mr. Personality (all threads)

FORT Fogey
    I am just hoping that at some point the guys get clever and switch masks on her.. hilarious!!!

Originally posted by firegirl
    I am just hoping that at some point the guys get clever and switch masks on her.. hilarious!!!
    LOL that would be funny. Those masks creep me out.

On some of the commericals it looks like the guys bodies are padded also, or am I just seeing it wrong.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

LG.
    here's a tip for the stockbroker woman - don't pick the guy in the Hannibal Lecter mask. There is a reason for it.

Mmmmm, fava beans.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    From the Star Tribune:

One thing's for sure if Minnesota has a guy on FOX's "Mr. Personality": He's STD free. A clean bill of health is mandatory for reality show participants, as Gray Plant Mooty lawyer Damon Schramm knows. Schramm, who is also a model, was up for "Married by America" and "Mr. Personality." Even though there were only three weeks between interviews for the two shows, he had to give blood both times. "They screen you for all STDs, every type of drug," he said. There were also "stringent" psychological and physical evaluations as well as an interview with a private investigator. With Schramm obviously a sane, healthy guy and cute as can be on the cover of Minnesota Monthly's February "Most Eligible" issue, you probably wonder why he's not on TV? Well, he pulled out of "Married" because he was uncomfortable with the premise. "Three weeks later I got a call again saying, We'd really like you to be on 'Mister Personality.' It was 4 degrees here and 80 out there, and I said, 'Yeah, I'll come out there.' I met with the producers." He was passing the tests with flying colors until his attorney antenna went up. "They gave us contracts, maybe a total of 50-60 pages of contract," he said. "I'm looking at some of these guys and they are just flipping through: sign, sign, sign. Well, I turned [my copy] back in with seven pages of revisions. I don't think they were used to having someone revise it." He said he knew that would knock him off the list, but he couldn't do that deal. "There was a provision that they were allowed to make me appear in the nude," said Schramm. He's not really interested in an entertainment career and didn't want to throw out 10 years of career building for one of those gigantic fuzzy dots if producers decided to show him stepping out of the shower. "I said, 'Where are the cameras?' Well, they're going to be everywhere, but don't worry." Please. Another thing: "They have the right to defame me. Literally." Anything else? "I'm signing away my life story. I've got to be honest with you, I've lived a pretty interesting life." And when he writes the book, Schramm doesn't want to have to get FOX's permission or share the proceeds.

Another Minnesotan?

Monday night when Monica Lewinsky, who has not been missed, hosts "Mr. Personality," I've been told to watch for a Minnesota guy. E-mailers say his name is Brian K. He's reportedly a "super lawyer" with his own practice, a William Mitchell College of Law, St. Thomas and North St. Paul High grad. The show tests the ability of 20 guys, some of whom may be homely, to sell themselves to a woman, face unseen, except by TV viewers. Damon Schramm didn't meet anybody else from Minnesota when "Mr. Personality" staffers were wining and dining him. I could not find a viable phone number for Brian K., so I took my eagle eyes to his $200,000 home early Friday, where I left him a note, seeking confirmation. Would love to hear the best Lewinsky joke coined by the "Mr. Personality" guys who were reportedly stashed at a Malibu mansion with one or more personal assistants. "This could get ugly," as the funny promos for the show states, and as this wry observation from Schramm suggests: "One thing I find so ironic is that her show is about personality, and the host is about the only person known for anything but her personality." Let's hope no thongs are shown.

FORT Newbie
    From the Atlanta- Journal Constitution:

Tonight, Atlantan Hayley Arp, 26, starts a five-week search for the right guy -- though all of her 20 suitors wear masks. That means she has to choose (and eliminate) fellows based on whether she likes them, not on how they look.

Guess that's why the new Fox reality show, hosted by Monica Lewinsky, is called "Mr. Personality." We chatted with the giggly, enthusiastic Arp, a sales associate at a financial service she can't disclose, by phone from Los Angeles:

Q: How did you find out about this, and what made you think, "Gee, I want to spend some time with a bunch of guys wearing masks?"

A: They had an open casting call in Atlanta, but the casting director found me. A friend of mine had given him my phone number, and he started the courting process with me. He called me about eight or nine times. I finally went to dinner with him, but I took a couple of friends with me.

Q: Good move.

A: Well, he was a total stranger! They picked us up in a limo and took us for steak and lobster. And I finally agreed to put something on tape for the producers to see.

Q: Had you thought about being on a reality show before?

A: No, I had just been a huge fan -- I'm the person who watches these shows. For "Joe Millionaire," some friends and I had a party for the finale. We drank wine and ate cheese and had pictures of Evan Marriott posted all over the apartment.

Q: So what did you think about the premise for this show?

A: I was just so intrigued by it. First of all, for any woman to have 20 men courting you, how incredible is that? Here was an opportunity to find 20 decent men who aren't criminals and don't have mental illnesses and are all good guys.

Q: What's your opinion of the dating scene in Atlanta?

A: The dating scene? It's a scene. I work crazy hours, and so for me to actually settle on one special man, he's got to be really special. After going out on the town, I was having the same conversation with different guys. "What do you do, let's talk about work, blah blah blah." I was getting over it. You know: "Can someone please bring something else to the table that makes them unique?"

Q: Now, honestly, could you really not tell if some of those guys looked good under their masks?

A: The only thing you can really see are the eyes and the smile. Every time somebody would be eliminated, they're able to take their masks off, and every single time I was surprised by how they really looked. I was wrong every time -- it was so frustrating.

Q: What was Monica Lewinsky like?

A: The woman is so great and warm and funny and intelligent! She served as host, obviously, but she was so much more than that. There were so many times where we got together and she really helped me with my decision. Not only was she there for me as a friend and confidante, she wasn't allowed to see what the men really looked like, either. So she was completely unbiased. It was great having her around, because you're surrounded by these men all the time, and it was great to have a woman in the next room for girl talk.

Q: So, all in all, you're having a good time?

A: What a trip! Yes I am.

Q: And in the end, did you find somebody you really like?

A: I found Mr. Personality. And that's all I can say.

Originally posted by USMCmum

As for Monica - face it, a lot of women, in the past, did what she did, and didn't get held up to public ridicule by the press, etc. She's been keeping a low profile and I'm willing to give the show one (or possibly) two episodes to see if she actually has a personality that can hold my interest.

If she had kept going with that low profile, I'd agree with you. She did get slammed by the press, and the Pres didn't take nearly as much heat for the same thing, double standard, yada yada yada...but, now she's going on FOX, on a show about relationships, and the only reason she's there is because of what she did before....she has completely opened herself up for all the ridicule that she will get. She has put herself back in the public eye, and anything anyone says, she has asked for.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I have a hard time believing the story about stringent psych profiles posted above.

Wait, could well be true and they are looking for certain traits.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    well, Damon Schramm is a real lawyer. Here's his profile at his firm.

http://www.gpmlaw.com/index.asp?page...attorneyID=500

No clue who Brian K is, but if he's a Minnesotan attorney, I'll look around.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    the current list of SuperLawyer doesn't have anyone with a "K" last name with Brian as a first name. There is one guy with Brian as his middle name, but he isn't listed under the criminal defense category, so I think that story was bunk, or somebody was exaggerating some part of it (i.e. superlawer, criminal defense, etc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456