+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Personality (all threads)

My daughter and niece want to watch it and I thought it would be nice to watch another show we all like together. AI is about the only one we all really agree on not missing.

But.
    Monica...

I don't know if I can stomach her.

I wish they picked a different host. I'm going to give it a try but, if she doesn't fade into the backround (like the girl on Joe M. did)

I'll stop watching.

Howard Stern was a riot talking about her and this show yesterday morning.

she is
    gross
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

"Things could get ugly!"

I feel bad for the guy they are using in the ads. Sure he's no Colin Farrell, but he's not repulsive either. I guess a good description would be homely. I hope he is getting mucho dinero for representing the ugly. Also, if this thing were really about personality they would include some horizontally challenged contestants. I'm betting that they will all be slim and trim.

At least this show will fade from memory fast. 5 years from now, no one will be walking up to him on the street and saying "you're that ugly guy from Mr. Personality!" At least, I hope not

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Monica speaks !
    Lewinsky to dispense advice on reality show
    By STEVE EDDY
    The Orange County Register
    Handbag maker, gossip-column fodder and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky has a new gig: host of a dating game on Fox called "Mr. Personality."

"I've come to realize that I've already had my own reality show," Lewinsky told Newsweek for a story in this week's editions, out Monday.

"Mr. Personality," which debuts April 21, will feature a stockbroker named Hayley and 20 masked men vying for her affection. Hayley must choose a man based on his inner beauty.

Besides hosting the show, Lewinsky offers dating advice in her role as Hayley's confidante.

The woman who has pleaded for privacy in the past told Newsweek that she realizes her affair with President Clinton made her a public figure.

"I walk down the street and people recognize me," Lewinsky said. "That happened before I decided to do this show, and it will happen after."

Lewinsky isn't sure whether she'll continue in television. She's still designing purses and is considering law school or graduate school in psychology.

"I'm trying to see what is going to work best for me and what is my career," she said. "I'm trying to figure out my life."
    The Smoking Gun of course has brought back the Monica File

Monica Rehashes Details of Affair

Besides hosting the show, Lewinsky offers dating advice in her role as Hayley's confidante.
    God help us. Poor Hayley (what kind of spelling is that anyway?). I could not think of many other people I would deem as more unqualified to be giving someone dating advice. Geez Louise.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    LOL, Spegs. I've seen more enhanced versions of the commercial lately and it is darn right freakish to me. The guys all appear to have big, colorful Lego Heads. She's at the pool...with pink Lego head. Making out in the hall....with Green Lego head. OMG! It's just damned eerie. Just a tongue sticking out of a big green head. AHHHHHHHHHHH!

My mom was blown away that Monica was hosting. Said that maybe Monica could "teach" the gal a few tricks. Told mom she may as well, because after seeing those commericials and those Lego Masks, they'd be the only heads this girl might get to see! (Sorry. That was a bit blue and on the X-side of things, but it's the truth.)

That said, I am going to surround myself with Legos to pay homage and will be there with BELLS ON!

My life is soooooo sad.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Oh, what the heck. At least it has an interesting premise. And, I personally, have nothing against Monica L. As far as I'm concerned, the kid has been vilified enough - I say, give her a chance to be seen as something other than a "presidential plaything".

Now, if the host were Tripp, I'd boycott the show big time.
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

I am betting this show will be another guilty pleasure, just like Joe Millionaire. I will be there even though my husband is bound to roll his eyes at me once again. He just doesn't get reality TV.

These masks are CREEPY! I swear I'm gonna have nightmares just from seeing the commercials, not sure if I can handle the show lol ...

Those masks are just traumatizing..... *shudders*

I wonder if the guy they use in the commercials is really on the show though, or if he's just a "red herring" for commercial purposes... never know..

Those masks are still freaky. Just lips and eyes hanging out from a mask like that...eww..
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

lol_its_fun
    I think the show would attract a lot of people to watch if they change the mask to this one--->
    Wonder if Clinton will be one of the men. hehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast