+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Personality (all threads)

Spegs, although I didn't have the easter bunny or barney pictured, I thought the exact same thing.

Sometimes the sexiest thing about a man is his smile, give me a break.

She shouldn't get to see any part of them what so ever.

I also think that there should be more than one woman. Maybe not an equal amount, but a couple at least.

whew, sorry end
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I've decided I hate this commercial.

How would you like to be the one they show when talking about her not picking the "handsome" (all subjective anyway) one?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me or does the girl for this show look a lot like Janice from the Muppets?

Snookums-
    Lincoln liked the whores-
    Drunken White House Tour guide

Boca native gets real for TV (Mr. Personality)

Boca native gets real for TV

By Lona O'Connor, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, April 5, 2003

DELRAY BEACH -- Hayley Arp, 26, is going to be the star of a reality TV show and, believe it or not, her mother is thrilled. Given the nighttime hot-tub sexual shenanigans of some reality TV participants, that may seem surprising.

"This is such a wonderful opportunity for her to meet 20 amazing young men," said mom Nancy King, who works for the city of Delray Beach. "It's hard to meet guys."

Mr. Personality, being taped now in Malibu, Calif., works this way: A young single woman gets to know 20 hand-picked bachelors and picks one as a possible mate. The twist: The bachelors' faces are covered throughout the series, which airs at 9 p.m. April 21 on Fox TV. So Arp must make her choice based on personality, not looks.

Unlike many other females on reality TV, Arp is not a model/actress scrambling for national exposure. Anything but. She works for the Morgan Stanley firm in Atlanta, and is "very, very career-oriented," her mother said. She is a graduate of Spanish River High School in Boca Raton, where she grew up, and has a degree in business from Florida State University.

King describes her daughter as "a real sweetheart." Fox publicity scribes call her "our beautiful heroine."

The producers were looking for a woman that guys would love to date but girls would not hate. A friend submitted Arp's name, but she was not interested. To soften her up, the producers took her and three girlfriends out to dinner on her birthday. She was chosen from thousands of female candidates, said a publicist for the show.

Whether the show will produce Arp's perfect mate remains to be seen, but her mother is upbeat.

"At least she can say she took the risk -- and I might end up with an amazing son-in-law," said King.

Produced by the team that made Meet the Folks, the series is now being taped at a mansion in an undisclosed location.

If the show is not alarming to a doting mom, does that mean it's too classy for Fox? Not to worry. The show's host will be the White House's most infamous intern, Monica Lewinsky.

A production crew spent about seven hours at King's Delray Beach home on Thursday, interviewing her, her ex-husband Leon Arp, daughter Heather, son Dodger and his wife. Heather's advice to her sister? "Stay out of hot tubs."

Hayley is a 1996 graduate of Spanish Hills High School in Boca Raton, and also apparently was an honorable mention Gold Circle winner in 1996 for graphics, and was a Guardian Ad Litem program member (child advocacy prorgam).

Ha, I just read the article, and it says where she graduated. Sorry, got that from another source.

Silly me.

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

Mr.Personality

In MR. PERSONALITY, a young, beautiful, single woman will court several eligible men who must rely strictly on their personalities to captivate her. Each man will be disguised throughout the dating process, keeping his looks hidden. While our beautiful heroine will not see the appearance of the men she is dating, viewers will. As the series progresses, the single woman will ultimately narrow her choice to one man. Monica Lewinsky will host the new unscripted series, premiering Monday, April 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Lewinsky graduated from Lewis and Clark College in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology. For the past few years she has been designing an exclusive collection of handbags and accessories that are available at www.therealmonica.com. Raised in Los Angeles, Lewinsky currently lives in New York City and is considering a future career in law.

“Since Fox is the network that has had the greatest success with this genre, I was very excited when they approached me to host the show: It sounds like good fun,” said Ms. Lewinsky.

MR. PERSONALITY is produced by Nash Entertainment in association with The G Group. For further information log on to www.fox.com/mrpersonality. Bruce Nash and Brian Gadinsky serve as executive producers. Nash and co-executive producer Robert Kosberg are series creators

Sounds kinda weird but......i guess it could be cool
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

We have some discussion of this show going on already, although it's kind of scattered. And of course, we'll have a forum and recapper on tap for this. Firegirl has volunteered to recap the show.

Edited to take out the links... I merged all the threads
    Last edited by cali; 04-14-2003 at 08:49 AM.

E! Online
    Lewinsky to Host Dating Reality Show
    Mon Apr 14, 8:07 AM ET

NEW YORK - Handbag maker, gossip-column fodder and former presidential intern Monica Lewinsky has a new gig: host of a dating game on Fox called "Mr. Personality."

"I've come to realize that I've already had my own reality show," Lewinsky told Newsweek for a story in this week's editions, out Monday.

"Mr. Personality," which debuts April 21, will feature a stockbroker named Hayley and 20 masked men vying for her affection. Hayley must choose a man based on his inner beauty.

In addition to hosting the show, Lewinsky offers dating advice in her role as Hayley's confidante.

The woman who has pleaded for privacy in the past told Newsweek she realizes she is a public figure.

"I walk down the street and people recognize me," Lewinsky said. "That happened before I decided to do this show, and it will happen after."

Lewinsky is not sure if she'll continue in television. She's still designing purses and is considering law school or graduate school in psychology.

"I'm trying to see what is going to work best for me and what is my career," she said. "I'm trying to figure out my life."

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

MAKEOVER? MOI?

NY Post
    Monica had earlier dating show.

April 14, 2003 --
    MONICA Lewinsky may be unlucky in love but she certainly has struck good luck as the host of a new Fox dating game show called, "Mr. Personality."

The former White House intern explained that she might know a thing or two about the premise of the reality show she'll host because it's all about people unlucky in love.

"I've come to realize I've already had my own reality show" she told Newsweek.

Lewinsky's said her willingness to leap back into the limelight after years of being bashed and hounded by the press really didn't make a difference in her decision.

"That happened before I decided to do this show, and it will happen after.

She added, "I realize that my life is public I walk down the street and people recognize me."

Asked if she's had a makeover for the show, the 29-year-old, buxom brunette bristled, "Oh, come on now, I've never had a makeover. I feel like you're asking how vain I am."

"Mr. Personality" premieres on Fox April 21.

- Cynthia R. Fagen
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast