+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Star Trek Beyond

Star Trek Beyond

Star Trek Beyond
    PG-13 2016 ‧ Fantasy/Science fiction film ‧ 2h 2m

A surprise attack in outer space forces the Enterprise to crash-land on a mysterious world. The assault came from Krall (Idris Elba), a lizard-like dictator who derives his energy by sucking the life out of his victims. Krall needs an ancient and valuable artifact that's aboard the badly damaged starship. Left stranded in a rugged wilderness, Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and the rest of the crew must now battle a deadly alien race while trying to find a way off their hostile planet.

Release date: July 22, 2016 (USA)
    Director: Justin Lin
    Box office: 128.7 million USD
    Film series: Star Trek
    Screenplay: Simon Pegg, Doug Jung

per Google:

The third movie in the reboot franchise.....Celebrating 50 years of Star Trek.....RIP Leonard Nimoy....RIP AntonYelchin.

I liked the first two thirds but didn't enjoy the last third as I kinda had figured out the plot and who the bad guy was so there was no really big surprise or reveal for me. For such a big build up I felt that the resolution was a bit of a slap in the face of veterans and other folks who suffer from PTSD. I liked the style and feel of the film and thought it was much better than the second film but it for me it was a bit of a disappointment. It needed a better script.

Liked the Sofia Boutella character and her traps.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Star Trek Beyond

I haven't seen any of the original Star Trek TV series yet but I do love the new ST reboot movies, and I love STBeyond, it's my second favourite movie from the reboot after the first movie.

I'm disappointed that STBeyond under-performed at the box office, I think it's better than the second movie STID, I hope it will make some good extra profit from its home video sales.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

+ Reply to Thread