+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Next James Bond

The Next James Bond

Now that it looks like Daniel Craig is done as Bond, the speculation has ramped up about who the next actor (or actress) to play the character will be.

I read a blind item yesterday suggesting that the choice has already been made and that it's Tom Hiddleston. I can't say I'm all that happy about that. Until The Night Manager, I've found him fairly goofy and lacking in the sexual charisma needed to play Bond. Even after TNM, I don't really see it.

There have been so many names thrown out, from Hiddleston to Tom Hardy to (my personal pick) Idris Elba and now even Gillian Anderson (just, no...and I like her).

IMO, Idris Elba would be a terrific Bond. Tall, handsome, great actor, plenty of sex appeal, but also a break from the past Bonds. I read somewhere that Roger Moore (apparently, the last word on such matters) argued that it shouldn't be Idris because Bond should be white (paraphrasing). I don't see an issue with Bond being black I'd love to see it, frankly, and especially if it were Idris, who is one of my favorite actors (and biggest crushes).

Thoughts on the casting? Any favorites?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: The Next James Bond

Sorry, Critical, I am loving TOM HIDDLESTON as JB!!!! I have loved watching Tom in TNM!!!!

OT a bit as you just mentioned TH and IE!!! I thought this was an interesting article!!!
    Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba launch mission to build 130m home for British film on South Bank | Film | Going Out | London Evening Standard

But also just read this. JAMIE BELL may be considered as JB!!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed Jamie in TURN!!!!
    http://www.slashfilm.com/new-hames-bond/

But my pick is for TOM!!!!
    KAREN

Jamie Bell? Even worse than Hiddleston, IMO. Sorry, but I think James Bond should always be super manly and over-the-top sexy. Hiddleston just isn't that; he's too patrician and bland. I like him, but I really don't think he's sexy. He was more attractive in TNM than in anything else I've seen him in (the power of great stylists!), but as Bond? Nope

I've always like the Bond series, but if TH gets cast, I'll take a pass. I think he's a talented actor, but the Bond role requires more than that and, IMO, he doesn't have those qualities. He'd be the worst Bond since Roger Moore, who's biggest offense was not being Sean Connery
    waywyrd and Jamie5632 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Idris would be AWESOME!! I agree with Critical - James Bond just needs to be a manly man that oozes manliness and sex. It is something beyond just 'oooh, he's cute...' Must be that license to kill
    Critical likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

CCL

I have limited experience with Bond, having only seen the Craig films. I did try to watch a Brosnan one - it didn't appeal. I'd love Idris Elba to be the next one (swoon). I have heard that complaint before (that Bond should be white). Whatever. He should be British and that's the only qualification. I think Tom Hiddleston would do the character justice, too, though. I agree that Elba is more obviously "manly" but I think Hiddleston could bring a charming suaveness to the role that would be fitting. And they're both sexy - to me at least!
    Last edited by CCL; 05-26-2016 at 11:00 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Jamie Bell as Bond? - Oh H*LL no! He is too small and homely. Tom Hiddleston would be perfect. Idris Alba was mentioned, but he wouldn't be my choice. How about Aiden Turner - now there's a gorgeous manly man (more the Timothy Dalton type who I personally loved in the role).
    momrek06 likes this.

If I can't have Daniel Craig, I want Tom Hardy.

Though Idris would be lovely too.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    Jamie Bell as Bond? - Oh H*LL no! He is too small and homely. Tom Hiddleston would be perfect. Idris Alba was mentioned, but he wouldn't be my choice. How about Aiden Turner - now there's a gorgeous manly man (more the Timothy Dalton type who I personally loved in the role).
    Oh yes x1000 for AIDEN TURNER!!!
    KAREN

I'd vote Idris.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

No to a female, but I'd love to see Idris in the role.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast