+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The Next James Bond

Re: The Next James Bond

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I didn't like Aiden Turner when he was on All My Children. Now there's another actor named Aidan Turner. Is that who you mean? I'm not familiar with him but I saw his name when looking up Aiden Turner to verify who he was. He was in the Hobbit and The Mortal Instruments, according to Wikipedia.
    Yes, AIDAN with an A .... not an E and he was NEVER on AMC!!!

He is currently starring in the PBS MASTERPIECE THEATER show POLDARK............. he is soooooooooo HOT. Looks like he is in talks for BOND!!!!

Aidan Turner - News, views, gossip, pictures, video - Mirror Online
    SpringMaiden27 and annemik like this.
    KAREN

I don't think he is the right type for Bond, but he is so gorgeous.
    Critical likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

CCL

I couldn't watch Poldark (the filming was weird to me, I don't know) but Tuner was very good in the miniseries And Then There Were None.
    Different sites are all reporting different people as "confirmed" for the role so who knows. One site is reporting Theo James (Divergent), another Turner, etc.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Agreed. I've loved him since Being Human, but he's not Bond material.

Alas, I think the old "Bond guard" who makes the decision (ie, pretty much just Barbara Broccoli), is not going to go with who should be cast, which is Idris (and I've read a number of articles from entertainment pundits saying the same). She'll pick another bland white guy like the last one. I didn't think Daniel Craig was all that memorable, especially without that scene in the bathing suit. Sadly, if it keeps going this way, I think the series is going to sort of fade away.

I think Idris could revitalize the series and perhaps even bring in a new audience and bring back old fans of Bond. Tom Hiddleston? It'll probably just be the same as always and I don't know that he'll draw in new viewers OR those of us who've given up on the series. I can't even imagine Jamie Bell in the role. It'd be like a little boy playing dress up.

Maybe they'll surprise us all and pick someone who hasn't even been mentioned yet. AND maybe that person would make me want to see that movie. I just can't imagine anyone other than Idris making me want to see another Bond movie.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    One site is reporting Theo James (Divergent)
    He's hot so I wouldn't mind seeing him in more movies!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

I like Theo James, but isn't he a little young? Maybe they could do an "origins" series with him.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Re: The Next James

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I like Theo James, but isn't he a little young? Maybe they could do an "origins" series with him.
    Theo James, Aidan Turner and Jamie Bell are all in the region of 30-32 years old. All of them would be a younger option/way to go story-wise I guess (particularly Bell, who looks younger than 30).
    Hiddleston is 35 while Idris Elba is 43. Hiddleston is not much older than the first group but seems more grown-up (to me). So they're the more "mature" options.
    Other options being thrown out there are Eddie Redmayne (no), Jamie Dornan (. Sorry, he's just really pretty), Henry Cavill (he was good in that UNCLE movie where he played a spy) and Michael Fassbender.
    Last edited by CCL; 06-11-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Cavill would be okay, but he's almost too perfect. I like Jamie Dornan, but he's almost not serious enough, or too lightweight, if that makes sense.

I know it won't happen, but I'll just keep fantasizing about Idris, because I think he'd be the perfect Bond.

If they cast Fassbender, will we get full frontal?

You know who I have always loved as an actor is COMMON!

And so handsome!

I would love for him to possibly be in the running for JB but I know he is a very busy man!

I miss him so much on HOW!
    KAREN

If they're not going to pick Idris, they definitely won't pick an American! The horror! IMO, Bond has to be a Brit. I like Common a lot, but not as Bond.
    JLuvs likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast