Terminator Genisys*(2015) - Rotten Tomatoes

MOVIE INFO
James Cameron's sci-fi classic gets rebooted in this Paramount production designed as the first installment in a new trilogy. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of sc-fi violence and gunplay throughout, partial nudity and brief strong language)
Genre: Action & Adventure
Directed By: Alan Taylor
Written By: Patrick Lussier, Laeta Kalogridis
In Theaters: Jul 1, 2015 Wide
Runtime: 1 hr. 59 min.
Paramount Pictures - Official Site
When Terminator first came of on screen in 1984 it was an unexpected hit and created a huge franchise, the second movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day was a surprise because as a sequel it was good. Since then there have been two more sequels, Terminator 3 which people hated because the role of John Connor had been terribly miscast and the plot a bit repetitive and suffered from too many writers and no clear vision of where it was going. Terminator 4 aka Terminator Salvation had even more writers and was a huge mess and I wowed never to see another Terminator film and wanted my money back and a apology for wasting 2 hours of my time. Six years later and we have Terminator Genysis. At first I wasn't going to go see it and then I saw the trailers with Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor; I do think that casting Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor was one of the best things about this movie. Arnold Schwarzenegger actually looks good in this film. After his stint as governor of California and his divorce from Maria Shriver Arnold has tried to revive his film career and has been in some really bad films, this is the best he has been and looked and acted. Over all I kinda liked this film as it seems a decent third installment of the Terminator series. I consider films 3 and 4 failures and not part of the franchise. I do think the writers make a decent attempt to explain the paradoxes of time travel and overall the film was pretty good. I didn't like that at the end they implied that Skynet survived but this is the start of a new trilogy, too me it was finally a decent ending to Terminator 1 and 2. This was a competent film a good solid B- to B rating there were just a bit of a spark missing that would have made this a good solid ending to the franchise.

PS: Considering how important a character John Connor is I didn't think they did a good job casting him as physically he didn't look a thing like Sarah or Kyle Reese. I also don't think Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese really captured the desperation and intensity that Michael Biehn had as the original character.