+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kingsman: The Secret Service

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Kingsman: The Secret Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kingsman: The Secret Service is a 2014 spy action comedy film, directed by Matthew Vaughn, and based on the comic book The Secret Service, created by Dave Gibbons and Mark Millar. The screenplay was written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman. The film stars Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Strong, Taron Egerton and Michael Caine.
    Liked this new addition to the secret spy service movie, lots of action, bit of a homage to James Bond, bit of a class snobbery in the class system. The film runs over two hours and about halfway through the pacing slows and you start wondering where is this going, but it picks up and you stop wondering about the time. Like the inclusion of the evil villain assistant being a disabled assassin. Samuel Jackson is a hoot as the bad guy. Luv'ed the fight scenes where both Colin Firth and Eggsy fight with their umbrellas and in their Saville Row suits.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Kingsman: The Secret Service

We went to see it today - because I'm a sucker for anything with Colin Firth in it. After the first fight scene in the pub, I was afraid I'd made a terrible mistake. I'm not big on graphic violence.

But I loved it. Almost every minute of it. Loved the scenes that hearken back to the original Star Wars type of set (especially since Mark Hamill was in the movie). And the last scene (after the initial credits) was pure gold.

Yep. Loved it.
    FoRT friend you are most likely to meet up with, wherever you live!

+ Reply to Thread