+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Hunger Games 3 - Mockingjay Part 1

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The Hunger Games 3 - Mockingjay Part 1

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to a marathon of the first three Hunger Games movies. It starts at 2PM so I'm taking the day off from work. It wasn't too expensive, either. $25.00 for three movies didn't seem bad to me. I've seen other movie marathons be much more than that.

I can't wait! I've been dying to go to the movies for several months but there wasn't anything playing that I wanted to see.

I thought it would be a nice refresher to see the previous two movies before hopping into the new one.

A friend of mine is going with me. I've read all the books in the series but she hasn't even finished the second one, although she did already see the first and second movie with me. I told her we'll have to pace our popcorn and soft drink consumption so we don't miss most of the last movie running to the ladies' room.

Re: The Hunger Games 3 - Mockingjay Part 1

Oh yeah! Im going to buy our tickets right after work today as by Friday Im sure they will be sold out. I cannot wait!
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

Locally one of the theaters did a double feature with the last opening, but they aren't doing a marathon this time (boo!). I'm hoping to see it Friday morning! I am so excited!
    Mreid likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Got my tix for Saturday AM!

I have tickets for Friday night at 6:00. Yeah! I am so excited!
    Mreid likes this.

I'm tomorrow night 8 pm :p

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

There weren't as many people at the marathon as I feared there would be so there was plenty of room to spread out.

My friend and I got a pleasant surprise to find out that we got some extras with this special. We got a badge with the names of all three movies on it. That enabled us to come and go from the theater as often as we wanted. We also each got a movie poster. At the start of each movie, they had a few trivia questions where you could win items. The reward for the first question was a mockingjay pin, I forget what the second reward was, and the third item was your choice of something from the concession stand.

There was a thirty minute intermission in-between each movie. I used the first break to take the posters and my sweatshirt out to my car. I taken the sweatshirt in case it was cold in the theater but it wasn't so I didn't need it.

Since I paid for the tickets, my friend paid for the concessions. We ended up refilling our popcorn only once. By the end of the second movie, we both decided that we were all popcorned out and probably wouldn't be wanting popcorn again for a while! I got Cherry Vanilla Mr. Pibb to drink for the first movie and Cherry Fanta for the second. I didn't need a drink refill for the third movie. My friend and I had gotten our candy at Walmart over the weekend so we split Junior Mints, Bottlecaps, and Peanut M&M's.

BTW, check your cup before leaving the theater! We had Finnick on our cups. I don't know if they had other characters on other cups or if they all had Finnick on them. At Catching Fire, they had Peeta on the cups.

The theater was already prepping for the Friday opening. They had queu lines set up all over the lobby of the theater and even out into the mall. Looks like they're expecting a lot of people!

If I had to rank the movies, I would put Catching Fire first (mostly because of Finnick and Joanna), the Hunger Games a close second, and Mockingjay Part 1 third. That's mostly because I'm not into war/battle movies. Once they moved out of the games arena, I lost some of the interest I had. I felt the same way about the Star Wars movies. In Return of the Jedi, I didn't give a crap about the battle on Endor or the fleet attacking the Death Star. I was primarily interested in Luke and Darth Vader and their meeting with the Emperor.

Haymitch, as usual, stole the show. I was grateful for his funny lines to break up the gravity of the rest of the movie.

It was 10:30 pm when we left the theater. I was yawning my head off because I was up too late the night before watching tv and doing the scores for the Survivor pool.

I'll wait until more people have seen the movie before discussing it more. I had a great time getting away from work from the day and I'm already looking forward to the final part coming out.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-21-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.

That's so cool that you got to see all 3 like that. I love movie marathons! and it was a great price too!

I forgot to mention that I didn't stick around for the credits at the end of the last movie because it was late, I was tired, and I had to work the next day so if someone stays for the credits and they have extra scenes, please post about it here so other people can know to catch them.

Here are pictures of stuff I got at the movie marathon. I took these at lunch today.

Poster

Badges

Finnick Cup

I mentioned to my friend Kathy yesterday I don't understand why Finnick is so small on the cup. She actually thought it was Peeta until I pointed at Finnick's name above him. They had plenty of room to make the picture bigger and seeing more of him he would have been more interesting than seeing more of the plain gray wall he's standing in front of.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-21-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    Punkin, mushybrain and Mreid like this.

Those items are very cool, pikachu! I am going tomorrow AM. Can't wait.
    Mreid likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast