+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Dracula Untold - 2014

Dracula Untold - 2014

Wow, what a good movie. Initially I wasn't going to bother as it looked like another cheap remake of Dracula. Then the effects in the trailer peaked my interest and then I recognized Luke Evans who played Dracula as Bard the Bowman from the recent Hobbit movie. I liked the film it was a good story and touches on the historical struggle between local noblemen, the Hungarians and Ottoman Empire. I liked that when you first meet Vlad's wife and think she is empty headed she does have a steel spine and protects him and loves him. At the base of it this is a love story, a man doing anything to protect his family (wife and son) and a prince who wants to protect his people from the Ottomans who in his childhood has kept Vlad as a royal hostage and where not kind about it. It is also a story about how far do you go to protect the ones you love, and it is a story about struggling not to give into evil. It is also a bit of a set up for a sequel but they did it very, very well. Yes, go see it.

No nudity, no bad language. Lots of action, lots of killing but not done with a lot gore and blood. It's not for very young children, but if they can do Halo and some of the other graphic video games they will be fine.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Dracula Untold - 2014

Saw this with the hubby and was very surprised how well done it was. Very action packed and good storyline. Really enjoyed this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Re: Dracula Untold - 2014

good to know, i thought this was going to be really bad

+ Reply to Thread