+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

It was a surprise, a very pleasant surprise. This movie was much better than I thought it would be. I know going to see a Marvel Studios film I would be getting a well crafted film but this film was good, it was funny without being silly, it tweaks the normal scifi hero stereotypes and story lines, it pokes fun at itself. I knew that there would be some quirky characters such as Rocket Raccoon and Groot and thought how cute some interesting but secondary characters. However Rocket and Groot are the best part of the film, they make the film and are the most interesting characters in the film. Luv them.

Yes, go see the film, it's great for kids, and for adults. It has a great sense of humor and with the soundtrack you will laugh throughout the film. I do think that Guardians of the Galaxy will become the blockbuster film of 2014.
    mushybrain and Debb70 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Thanks for the review Bearcata. I'm particularly interested in this film, because of one of the actors. His name is David Batista and he is a professional wrestler. He took a break from wrestling to be in this film.

My cousin, who has significant dementia is a HUGE fan of Batista. She wants to go see this movie, but I'm not sure she could sit through it. I was hoping it would come to DVD soon, but maybe not, since I think it's doing well in the theaters.

Do you know who Batista is? Did they show much of him in the movie? If not, then I'm not sure it would hold her interest very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the review Bearcata. I'm particularly interested in this film, because of one of the actors. His name is David Batista and he is a professional wrestler. He took a break from wrestling to be in this film.

My cousin, who has significant dementia is a HUGE fan of Batista. She wants to go see this movie, but I'm not sure she could sit through it. I was hoping it would come to DVD soon, but maybe not, since I think it's doing well in the theaters.

Do you know who Batista is? Did they show much of him in the movie? If not, then I'm not sure it would hold her interest very long.

Batista plays a character called Drax the Destroyer who is part of the team ... he is in most of the movie and has a really cute bit at the end. The movie is 2 hours and 1 minute long ... yes there is an extra scene at the end of the credits but you don't need to stay to see that. There are also 17 to 18 minutes of trailers, Marvel films tend to have more trailers than others.
    Debb70 likes this.

Fort Member

I loved this film it was very enjoyable
    One of my favs this year

I've seen the trailers and it looks pretty funny. I really don't think my cousin could sit through a 2 hour movie though, even to see Batista, whom she loves. I may just have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

I thought this was a great movie! I wasn't sure how I was going to like the raccoon, and Groot, but they were great!
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

Guardians of the Galaxy was a great movie! It's definitely a must see for both adults and kids. I would actually go see it again. And did I mention, the soundtrack is amazing?
    mushybrain likes this.

Top Grossing Movie of 2014.

FORT Fogey

I loved this movie! It was well-written, had incredible visuals, and was perfectly cast. It had genuine humor! I wasn't familiar with many of the actors, so it was nice to just enjoy the characters. One of my favorite moments is the "dance-off" between Starlord and Ronan near the end

The soundtrack was great, and I look forward to the sequels. In fact, the movie had a Star Wars feel.

I loved this movie, too! It was great fun. How can you not love a film that has a raccoon and a tree as main characters?

I loved when Rocket would translate the "I am Groot" meanings, even though a lot of them were pretty clear anyway. There were so many hilarious moments: the finger across the throat; Drax taking everything literally; the prosthetic leg; Kevin Bacon; taking orders from a hamster; the troll; Nathan Fillion's cameo. There are just too many to remember them all.

I definitely want to watch this again.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast