+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Transformers: The Age of Extinction (2014)

Transformers: The Age of Extinction (2014)

Best Transformers film so far.

Refreshing not to have Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox or whoever from the first three films.

Loved that Michael Bay slowed down the action so you can actually follow it.

Loved that the character design of the Autobots and Decepticons was so bright that you could figure out who was who and follow them in the action scenes.

The film is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. Yes, I do think that it is too long they could have cut a good 15 to 20 minutes out of some of the loooooooooong fight scenes and it would have been OK.

Mark Walburg does and excellent job as Cade Yeager and it is interesting to see the script parallel his parent child relationship with his daughter Tessa with Optimus Primes relationship with Bumblebee. That was a fun touch and moving.

There were a lot of moments where I laughed and that does break up the story and make it memorable. You need to stop and take a break else the constant action is draining.

Lots of great moments between Cade and Tessa's boyfriend Shane "Lucky Charms".

Tessa, the girl, who the heck all of a sudden has pink lip gloss on in the middle of all the big battle scenes toward the end of the film when she was not seen wearing makeup earlier .. very off putting and silly.

Luv'ed Hong Kong as a set ... the living conditions are brutal for the working poor.

I think they were very smart in the layers of the story. The one plot surrounding the other robots and the Autobot creators leading to of course a sequel. Then there was the black ops CIA group rounding up the Autobots and destroying them which is the main plot and straight out of folks reaction to Chicago being a battle ground paralleling folks reactions to terrorists after 9/11. Lov'ed the poke a Steve Jobs ... that was too funny. While the killing of the Autobots by the government and tramping of Americans theme turns sour when you realize these CIA like operatives (or at least some of them) are also there to get some money and power I also like how they didn't try to make all the bad guys too one dimensional and that they were being a bit more realistic as far as people being made of layers of grey and that not all decisions are morally black or white and that while a person can be your enemy one minute when circumstances change that person becomes your ally. I did wonder why they released this film a week before July 4th weekend, I do think word of mouth will be good on this film and it might end up being the blockbuster of the summer of 2014.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Transformers: The Age of Extinction (2014)

Thanks for your review, Bearcata!!!

We are hoping to see it today or Sunday!!!

KAREN

FORT Fogey

Re: Transformers: The Age of Extinction (2014)

Saw it last night. It was a lot of fun! I'm a sucker for the special effects, so I loved all of the fight scenes. Agree that the movie was a tad long. Glad they made the love story a side plot this time.

+ Reply to Thread