Both the AMC Theater and Regal Cinemas in my area have a string of movies in the summer to raise money for the Will Rogers Institute.

AMC's movies cost $3.00 apiece and are shown one per week, with showings at 9:30PM Monday through Wednesday.

Regal Cinema's movies cost $1.00 apiece and are shown two per week, with showings at 10:00AM Tuesday and Wednesday.

I can't make it to the Regal Cinema at 10AM because I have to work but I try to go to as many of the AMC movies as I can.

Anchorman 2 started off the AMC Summer Movies last week but I missed it because I had been out of town over the weekend and was too tired when I got back to be out so late during the week.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is next week and I'm definitely going to it! I already saw it twice for full price and it was so good I want to see it again.

The following week is Non-Stop, then Robocop, 300 Rise of an Empire, Pompeii, Need For Speed, and Ride Along.

I had wanted to see Pompeii but wasn't sure about it since no one I knew had seen it and didn't really have enough money to be spending it at the theaters so I'm glad I'll get a chance to see it.

I'm not sure about the other movies. I saw the original Robocop long ago and it was ok. I saw the first 300 movie with my nephew and once again, it was alright. I haven't seen any of the Need For Speed movies or Fast and Furious (it's not really my thing). And Ride Along, from the commercials, definitely doesn't look like something I'd like. I'll probably end up seeing most of the movies but it will depend on how busy I am that week and if anything else is going on. I might end up skipping the last two (Need For Speed and Ride Along).

The Regal Cinemas summer movies are kids movies.

I only found out about the summer movie program last year so I know to look for it now.