+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

Yeah, it starts tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

Loved the first one. I'm interested in hearing whether the sequel measures up.

Re: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

Well the costumes, the characters, the sets, the dragons were all fabulously designed. The animation is first rate. I like that the second film is set 5 years later and that both Hiccup and Toothless have grown and bonded and Hiccup has expanded his role as innovator and explorer. He seems much more suited to that role than heir to the chief. I think too much was revealed in the trailers as the big surprise is that we find out what happened to Hiccup's mother and perhaps too much of the plot was revealed in the danger from Dragos. I think if you haven't seen the movie you will enjoy it. It is a great coming of age film that continues Hiccups journey that started in the first film. The opening sequence is great as is Astrid and Hiccup together. Later flying with the Dragon Guardian and finding the hidden Dragon's Nest is truly awesome. Later scenes with Stoick and the rest of the family again are wonderful. I had such high hopes for the film that I expected the same feel good feeling I had for most of the first film. It doesn't help when some idiots in front of me decide to check their smart phones not once but twice during the film. When I am at the movie theater I want to immerse myself in the film, in the story and I don't want or appreciate being distracted. This movie truly deserves an A+ for the visual effects and look and feel of the film. I just feel there was a spark missing in the story. It still makes this a B+/A- film. Maybe a second viewing later now that my high expectations have been dashed and give me a awhile to get over my disappointment I will be able to see the film with less bias.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread