+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: X-Men: Days of Future Past

FORT Fogey

X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - IMDb

Great story with just enough action. Not overdone, and a very fun experience. We loved it!
    AZChristian likes this.

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Much better than I expected. I actually have the original comic books the story is based on and yes they stretched it but I like how they brought together the two franchises. My only peeve is that Raven/Mystique seems a lot brighter blue then she was in previous films. The actual motivation of Bolivar Trask was never really explained and it was horrific how he treated mutants as non human and experimented on them. The fact is all species are constantly evolving and there are always mutations across species that is how life survives the constant changes in the environment.

Yes, stay to the vary end for a bit of a teaser for the next film due in 2016. You really don't need to stay and see it as it really doesn't add to the film and Fox Studios still hasn't done the massive multiple story arcs and universe building that Marvel Studios does with its Ironman, Thor and Avengers movies.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hmmmm. How do I rate the new "X-Men" movie? I don't follow time travel story lines very well. I don't know the X-Men characters well, and I slept through a lot of the first part of the movie, so I missed important plot information. But the movie had Patrick Stewart, Kirk and Sulu and a particularly awesome scene with Hugh Jackman. So I'm giving it a 7.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hmmmm. How do I rate the new "X-Men" movie? I don't follow time travel story lines very well. I don't know the X-Men characters well, and I slept through a lot of the first part of the movie, so I missed important plot information. But the movie had Patrick Stewart, Kirk and Sulu and a particularly awesome scene with Hugh Jackman. So I'm giving it a 7.
    It had Kirk & Sulu? THE Kirk & Sulu?
    If so, how on earth do they fit into the X-Men universe?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Don't want to give away too much . . .

Click to see Spoiler:
    They're on a TV screen behind the action when Hugh Jackman's character travels back in time to the 1970s. Being a Trekkie, I loved it!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Don't want to give away too much . . .

Click to see Spoiler:
    They're on a TV screen behind the action when Hugh Jackman's character travels back in time to the 1970s. Being a Trekkie, I loved it!
    OK, I wondered about that post.

Still considering that Trek did have several time travel episodes this movie should have been a breeze to follow.

My brain is too linear. I got lost in the Star Trek time-travel episodes, too. In the movie where they had original Spock with new Spock, I actually got my grandson (a teenager at the time) to go with me the second time I went to see it. Once in a while, he'd lean over and say, "Pay attention to this, Grammy. It's really important to the time-travel plot."

Signed,
    Hopeless Fan

Fort Member

Loved it

Doing quite well at the box office. Cost $200 million to make and has made internationally $609 million in 17 days.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw it, and really enjoyed it. I was never a reader of the X Wo/Men comics, but I've seen most of the films (big Wolverine fan), so could follow well enough. But who was the person who seemed to be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    building the pyramids
    at the end.

And I noticed the Star Trek reference as well--in fact it distracted me from the dialogue for a moment! Loved the early 70's music also, which I always think of as 60's music (since the music of the first half of the 60's might as well have been 50's music)--pre disco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast