+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Godzilla 2014

Godzilla 2014

Godzilla (2014) - IMDb

We saw this movie last night. We choose IMAX 3D.

WE LOVED IT!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Re: Godzilla 2014

59 views of my post ^^^ and no one has seen Godzilla?

I thought the reveiws were it was a smash hit.
    KAREN

Saw it last week and loved it too.

I think they were really smart they way the advertised this movie. I knew it was going to be a monster movie and that is what I got. What I loved is that there were no big name stars putting their name on the film (OK later I found out there were but I didn't recognize them and/or really didn't know who they were). That was a big plus and kinda of a surprise to me. But it let me just sit back and enjoy the film. I like that the movie had a flavor; a respect for the original films of the era. I liked how the story revolved around the main character of the soldier who was really just trying to get home to his wife and son. I like how his journey reflected what happened to him as a child and what happened to his father and mother. It was smart. I like how it wasn't all special effects the production crew trying to show off how great they could do special effects. In fact the way they created the monsters sorta reminded me of the original man in a rubber suit that was Godzilla and how they created the character in the original films. In fact part of the fun of the movie was watching the monsters move, big and hulking and menacing and kinda clunky like they did in the original films. I loved how they created little vignettes; like the dog tied up to the palm tree with the tsunami coming and all I could think of "oh no, not the dog", "please, save the dog". I really loved it when the main character found the little Japanese boy. It reminded me of all the little kids in these types of monster films that was always around, and always getting into trouble. Then the absolute best was the one where the special ops team went through these old Chinese wooden doors to get to the monsters nest just because they were blocking the way. It was funny. I really enjoyed this film from beginning to end. Go see it. Definitely an A movie.

A little tidbit:

This movie cost 160 million to make in the first 3 days of its release it made both domestic and internationally 196 million dollars. If it seems that Xmen is going to be too much trouble to see this Memorial Day weekend go see Godzilla you will not be disappointed.
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Godzilla (2014) - IMDb

We saw this movie last night. We choose IMAX 3D.

WE LOVED IT!!!!
    I am so glad you loved it, its not my type of movie
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Saw it last week and loved it too.

I think they were really smart they way the advertised this movie.
    I knew it was going to be a monster movie and that is what I got. What I loved is that there were no big name stars putting their name on the film (OK later I found out there were but I didn't recognize them and/or really didn't know who they were). That was a big plus and kinda of a surprise to me. But it let me just sit back and enjoy the film. I like that the movie had a flavor; a respect for the original films of the era. I liked how the story revolved around the main character of the soldier who was really just trying to get home to his wife and son. I like how his journey reflected what happened to him as a child and what happened to his father and mother. It was smart. I like how it wasn't all special effects the production crew trying to show off how great they could do special effects. In fact the way they created the monsters sorta reminded me of the original man in a rubber suit that was Godzilla and how they created the character in the original films. In fact part of the fun of the movie was watching the monsters move, big and hulking and menacing and kinda clunky like they did in the original films. I loved how they created little vignettes; like the dog tied up to the palm tree with the tsunami coming and all I could think of "oh no, not the dog", "please, save the dog". I really loved it when the main character found the little Japanese boy. It reminded me of all the little kids in these types of monster films that was always around, and always getting into trouble. Then the absolute best was the one where the special ops team went through these old Chinese wooden doors to get to the monsters nest just because they were blocking the way. It was funny. I really enjoyed this film from beginning to end. Go see it. Definitely an A movie.

A little tidbit:

This movie cost 160 million to make in the first 3 days of its release it made both domestic and internationally 196 million dollars. If it seems that Xmen is going to be too much trouble to see this Memorial Day weekend go see Godzilla you will not be disappointed.
    ITA w/you about how they advertised GODZILLA!!!

Do you think we will see another Godzilla based on the reviews and box office dollars of this movie?
    KAREN

I'm not really a Monster Movie type. But I'll look forward to it coming to Comcast so I can rent the 3D version for my home TV. I hear the title character has a really good roar!
    momrek06 likes this.

Fort Member

Loved it

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but I have a question . . . and I'm putting it in spoilers. Only those who have already seen the movie should look and answer!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Please don't think I"m stupid for asking, but I sometimes "miss" things due to my short attention span. Were they inferring that Godzilla might have been the mother from earlier in the film, affected by the radiation? They didn't show her dying - just trapped. And the monster was a "good" monster. And the father had said something to the boy early on that his mother would always be watching out for him. And the monster opened its eyes and looked right at the grown-up boy, and seemed to have kindness in its eyes. Have I totally flipped out to think this?

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    ITA w/you about how they advertised GODZILLA!!!

Do you think we will see another Godzilla based on the reviews and box office dollars of this movie?
    Yes, I would say that is a strong possibility since the movie cost $160 million to make and has earned $393 million worldwide in 24 days and this movie has not been released yet in China or Japan or Russia which are all big, big, big international markets.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but I have a question . . . and I'm putting it in spoilers. Only those who have already seen the movie should look and answer!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Please don't think I"m stupid for asking, but I sometimes "miss" things due to my short attention span. Were they inferring that Godzilla might have been the mother from earlier in the film, affected by the radiation? They didn't show her dying - just trapped. And the monster was a "good" monster. And the father had said something to the boy early on that his mother would always be watching out for him. And the monster opened its eyes and looked right at the grown-up boy, and seemed to have kindness in its eyes. Have I totally flipped out to think this?
    Trying to answer without spoiling it or revealAZ's question - Godzilla had been around since before nuclear testing from the 50s I believe the Asian scientist said. They were trying to 'kill' him back them with the bombs but since he thrived on radiation or radioactive material, that wasn't the way to go obviously. I think my hubby called him Nature's Equalizer.

We saw it this past weekend - hubby was really into it since he saw these as a child. I had too but thought SO cheesy. I loved it though for all the reasons stated in the first few posts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast