+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bears

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bears

This got a wonderful review---an all ages kind of thing---AND they are donating part of the opening weekend profits to the National Parks. I wanted to see this but usually NEVER go opening weekend... but love the parks, so am off tomorrow (Easter) with my Sig. Other. Hoping everyone else will still be at Easter midday dinner when we get there!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Bears

Don't think they'll be donating much---great Easter weekend weather in the NE and we went to a 5pm show---think everyone else was at Easter dinner. We, two adults, enjoyed it, but there were a couple of small kids in the theater and their clearly wasn't enough action for them, they were kind of roaming around the theater, not obnoxiously since it was empty, but clearly not that interested after the first 20 min. or so. A good nature film. They had previews of the Lemurs of Madagascar film that is opening soon---that looked terrific.

My kid's 2nd grade class took a field trip to see this (what the? I would have loved a field trip to the movies when I was that age!) and she loved it. She said she cried quite a bit. I don't think I will see it in the theater, but would love to see it when comes out on DVD.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, there were a few scary bits as well, when one of the cubs is separated and a cannabalistic male bear is hunting for him.... and when it looks as if the same cub may get drowned because he didn't stick with mom.....and when the mom hasn't had enough to eat and looks very gaunt and the salmon season is almost over... Also quite few scenes of fighting bears, and other predators after the cubs. Nothing to upset an adult but some kids might be upset. Very funny bits as well.

+ Reply to Thread