+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Divergent

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Divergent

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe they will make them faster, only release them that way...a guy OVER 30 playing an 18 year old??
    Its been made known that they are nto trying for 16/18 that they decided to split the difference in ages and making Four 24ish. I think Theo is 29 this year.. so yeah he can pull off 24. I dont see it happening in 3 years however. I think, rereading the books well just because, that they are in roughly a 12 week time span (far less than the 6 months i figured prior). that is going to be hard to do in 4 years. But we shall see.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just saw Divergent on Saturday. I thought it was really good! And I've never read the books before so I don't think you have to read them to understand the movie. I do want to go back and read the books now, though. The main guy certainly lived up to the hype I heard about him before seeing the movie. Very VERY cute!!

I think I would definitely be divergent if people really were grouped by type because I've always had a wide variety of interests and continually work on learning new skills. I would not be a dauntless. I'm too scared of heights, the dark, and jumping into unknown situations without preparation. I'd probably be more erudite than anything.

I wish the movie had explained how Four got his unusual name. If it was mentioned in the movie, I missed it.

Four got his name because in Fearscape, he only had to face four fears - the lowest of any Dauntless to that point. He hated it because it was a nic based on his fears...one of which was heights.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Four's name was a big issue for him throughout the book. I don't think they did it justice explaining it during the movie. It was better explained in the book and was actually made a bigger "deal". Definitely read the book. I think you will enjoy it.

On a side note, I just read the final book in the trilogy. My least favorite and I have to say I was disappointed. Not sure I'd want to see a two part movie based on that one.

Yeah, it will be difficult. Will they only have Tris' point of view in the first film, then switch to Four's in the second. In the book, the author switched back and forth. Hearing they were splitting it for the film had me scratching my head.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123