+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miss Scarlet

Thread: Mr. Peabody and Sherman

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

Luv'ed it. Great animated film. Smart, funny, well paced and you learn a bit about history. Great for adults and children. Based on the 1950's cartoon and a wonderful remake and that is very hard to do.

The movie is doing very well due to mainly word of mouth and there being not that much competition and it is a good movie. The Groods and How to Train Your Dragon were also released in the same time period and it seems the first week of March is a great spot for an animated film release.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fort Member

Re: Mr. Peabody and Sherman

The 50s ? This was my favourite tv cartoon when I was a kid in the 70s. I know Australia was a bit behind back then but I would have said it was from the 60s not the 50s it never looked that dated. I saw the previews a while ago and was so excited and amazed it had been made into a movie, I so used to love it along with fractured fairy tales, I am going to see it on the weekend and I am certain there will be a theatre full of people my age and very few children haha

Fort Member

Went and saw it today and loved it
    also there was a cartoon short called almost home on before the movie started
    the main alien was voiced by Steve Martin it was really cute and funny
    so a very enjoyable night at the cinema and as I have seen quite a few bad movies lately it was a nice change

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    The 50s ? This was my favourite tv cartoon when I was a kid in the 70s. I know Australia was a bit behind back then but I would have said it was from the 60s not the 50s it never looked that dated. I saw the previews a while ago and was so excited and amazed it had been made into a movie, I so used to love it along with fractured fairy tales, I am going to see it on the weekend and I am certain there will be a theatre full of people my age and very few children haha
    To be specific
    Mr. Peabody is a cartoon dog who appeared in the late 1950s and early 1960s television animated series Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show, produced by Jay Ward. Peabody appeared in the Peabody's Improbable History segments created by Ted Key, and was voiced by Bill Scott, while Sherman was voiced by Walter Tetley.
    Mister Peabody - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I took my grandson to see this. I don't know who enjoyed it more, him or me.

My only complaint is that there was 45 minutes of previews to sit through before the movie. That's a bit much, especially when you have small children watching. I was afraid he'd start getting antsy or cranky before the movie was over, but nope. He loved it all the way to the end, & was as good as good can be.
    This is the first time I've taken him to a movie. It won't be the last.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Took my daughter, very cute.

+ Reply to Thread