+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: RoboCop (2014)

RoboCop (2014)

Normally I don't like reboots as it seems pointless or they are so bad you wonder why they bothered. Well, I liked this one. The movie was much better than I expected. I did think the casting of the main character a bit odd and I felt he really didn't have much presence on the screen that he had been cast because his body 's silhouette matched the RoboCop suit.

There are some very pointed observations about the US's involvement in the Middle East, about corporate America, corporations in general and Steve Job like CEO's who can sell anything to the public and manufacturing everything in the world in China.

The original 1987 movie was considered very violent and they did tone it down. What shocked me the most and I will spoiler it as it is bit of a plot point in the movie.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    In the original movie Peter Weller's character still had his one leg and I don't remember if it was the doctor or a corporate drone that said to cut it off. I expected more body parts to be saved as the doctor in the 2014 movie was an expert in attaching robotic arms and legs. The main character had lost part of his left arm and leg and eye and was burned over 80% of his body and this is the shocker they only saved his brain, face and lungs and attached a robotic body ... I don't get that they got rid of that much of the person and it seemed to be the doctor's decision and yet he plays a sympathetic character.
    Overall I thought it was a standard action thriller and a better movie than the original.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread