+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Golden Globes - 2014

Golden Globes - 2014

The red carpet show on E! has started and the NBC pre-show starts in about 30 minutes.

Anyone else watching tonight?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Golden Globes - 2014

Matt Lauer interviewing people on the red carpet in sunglasses? Douchebag.
    mushybrain likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm totally the only person watching (or at least watching and posting)....

Wins for Jennifer Lawrence, Behind the Candelabra and Jaqueline Bisset (in what is always a weird category) so far.

That Amy-Tina opening "monologue" went on far too long. "So and so is here......" for like ten minutes

Best Actor - Drama

Bryan Cranston

Happy for him, but I was sort of rooting for Michael Sheen. I LOVE Masters of Sex.

ETA: I love how all the TV people are way in the back and have to hike to the stage.

Bono totally didn't want to hug Diddy there. Can't say I blame him.

I'd be happy to win a Golden Globe if it meant getting a hug from Idris Elba

ETA: I have certain nominees I'm hoping will win, but the only one I REALLY care about is Tatiana Maslany. Best performance of the year, period. Man, woman, movies, TV, anywhere. She played, what, six different characters? All distinct, all believable, none overblown caricatures. She made me forget that one person was playing all of them. Incredible.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-12-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm behind...started about an hour into it...but the dude who won best original score? If Aaron Paul hadn't just been on the stage, I'd have sworn he was doing a bit.

ITA Crit, the opening went on far too long. And can't they get a bigger venue or clear better paths to the stage? It was painful to watch all of these folks trek to the stage, especially Jacqueline Bisset and Elisabeth Moss.

Not that I don't like Robin Wright and think she was terrific in House of Cards, but she won because of her previous work. Tatiana was robbed. I only hope her nomination brings more attention to a great show and her incredible performance.

I really enjoy Brooklyn Nine Nine, but I'm kinda blown away Andy Samberg won. I get that he's the lead actor, but about every other guy on the show is equally funny. Maybe even Terry Crews moreso.

Hmmm, Amy Poehler finally won and Brooklyn Nine Nine won best comedy. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Michael Schur et al. put out a big PR push with HFPA.

My last post talking to myself tonight...either Depp has been sick with the flu and didn't go to the stylist or he has THE WORST EVER hair plugs. That being said, I'm hoping these attendees have paid, sober limo drivers tonight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast