+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Philomena

Re: Philomena

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I turn on the CC, too. And I hit "Pause" a lot so I can look up definitions of some of the words/names they use.
    Oh I turn on the cc, but I have to say I really enjoy alot of the Britcoms and dramas and I've been watching Doctor Who since I was a kid. I can understand not quite getting the accent and different terms, but they are still so popular. Its funny, because I know Spanish very well, being part Dominican, but I have trouble understanding some Spanish shows, especially, telenovelas from South America.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So do you use the CC for the Spanish shows as well?

We were at American Hustle the other day, watching the previews, and I was struck by how different the previews were than for Philomena and Nebraska---all rom coms and shoot 'em ups for A H---and I realized that Phil. and Neb. are in a different category really than stories about Abscam, Somali pirates, slavery, etc. They are quiet stories about ordinary people today, focused mostly on people in the last half of life, with some interactions with their kids, but mostly on older people. And yet they are beautifully done. It's like apples and oranges---I don't see how the voters can really compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So do you use the CC for the Spanish shows as well?

We were at American Hustle the other day, watching the previews, and I was struck by how different the previews were than for Philomena and Nebraska---all rom coms and shoot 'em ups for A H---and I realized that Phil. and Neb. are in a different category really than stories about Abscam, Somali pirates, slavery, etc. They are quiet stories about ordinary people today, focused mostly on people in the last half of life, with some interactions with their kids, but mostly on older people. And yet they are beautifully done. It's like apples and oranges---I don't see how the voters can really compare them.
    No
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123