+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Batman vs Superman

Batman vs Superman

Well, they have cast Gal Gadot as WonderWoman in ZaCk Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman film Yeah, they cast a superskinny female with not a hint of any upper body strength as an Amazon Princess.

Here is a link to a photo in a t shirt and bikini bottom. Gal Gadot Pics: Her 20 Hottest Photos | Page 9 | HEAVY Does this woman look at all bad ass and able to beat up on the bad guys?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-29-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Batman vs Superman

No, but if I had to bet I would say they will have her in the gym building up muscle just like they did for Henry Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    No, but if I had to bet I would say they will have her in the gym building up muscle just like they did for Henry Cavill.
    She is already training for her fight scenes but as far as building muscle on that skinny frame ... yeah ....

I remember reading articles about how Cameron Diaz complained how big her legs got when she trained for the Charlie's Angels films. The only female actor I have seen who ever trained hard enough to actually look like a super hero is Linda Hamilton for Terminator 2 and that was in 1991. There was also Lucy Lawless as Xena and Renee O'Connor as Gabrielle in the TV series Xena: Warrior Princess, that actually looked as if they could fight but again the series was filmed from 1995 to 2001. What actress outside of Jessica Biel actually has a powerfully physique?

Appearing physically intimidating is one thing.

BEING intimidating another, oftentimes.

Maybe not on the little big screen, but in real life, yeah.

It's the crazy littler dudes with attitude you ought to fear more than beefy monsters.

Heart, or craziness trumps bulk any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Appearing physically intimidating is one thing.

BEING intimidating another, oftentimes.

Maybe not on the little big screen, but in real life, yeah.

It's the crazy littler dudes with attitude you ought to fear more than beefy monsters.

Heart, or craziness trumps bulk any given day.

That's why Lucy Lawless was so convincing as Xena because while she had the physicality she also had the crazy.

And if I remember correctly, she is also almost 6 feet tall!! I think it is easier to be muscular and look intimidating when you are taller. I was 5'9" and I always wore 3" heels for just that reason - it is very hard for a man to talk down to you when he has to look up at you!!

I have no idea how they will handle Wonder Woman. Personally, I'm just happy that Henry Cavill will be back in that suit soon. He is yummy!

I didn't realize the movie was so far off (2015). I just read up on it and see they may try to make it into a Justice League movie, and if successful, a franchise. Denzel Washington is rumored to be playing the role of Green Lantern! I'd like Denzel in anything, but I wonder if he and Afflack aren't getting a bit long in the tooth, so to speak, to be Superheroes. Maybe not, just a thought. I look forward to the movie.

I guess I'd rather see people who can act and just ignore the age factor. Denzel is almost 60, but I'd accept him in an action hero role. Ben Affleck is only early 40's. Bruce Willis, 58, and Harrson Ford, 71, still do them and I find all of them enjoyable to watch. There are several others as well. I have to wonder if this model has any acting talent at all. There have been only a handful of super models who have become really good actors. My two best success stories would likely be Cybill Shepherd and Charleze Theron.

I'm not talking about actors who modeled briefly while studying acting and looking for work, but rather actors who made their main living ad models for a long time.
    Punkin and Leftcoaster like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I didn't realize the movie was so far off (2015). I just read up on it and see they may try to make it into a Justice League movie, and if successful, a franchise. Denzel Washington is rumored to be playing the role of Green Lantern! I'd like Denzel in anything, but I wonder if he and Afflack aren't getting a bit long in the tooth, so to speak, to be Superheroes. Maybe not, just a thought. I look forward to the movie.
    I know they are planing a Justice League movie and that should be separate from this. I know there is talk of a Wonder Woman teaser in Batman vs Superman.

DC wants to go the same way as Marvel but Marvel was smart and created Marvel Studios to be able to control how the story lines and various comic book characters would interact and relate and get some kind of cohesive whole. Marvel Studios can't do much with Spiderman as Sony owns the rights to that character. Unfortunately DC does not have the same structure in place that Marvel does so it struggles with how to create it's own superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know they are planing a Justice League movie and that should be separate from this. I know there is talk of a Wonder Woman teaser in Batman vs Superman.

DC wants to go the same way as Marvel but Marvel was smart and created Marvel Studios to be able to control how the story lines and various comic book characters would interact and relate and get some kind of cohesive whole. Marvel Studios can't do much with Spiderman as Sony owns the rights to that character. Unfortunately DC does not have the same structure in place that Marvel does so it struggles with how to create it's own superhero movies.
    Yes, I've heard that too. I also heard that there was a script out there for a Wonder Woman movie but it hasn't been made yet, for a number of reasons.

On the older actors - I agree 100%. Not that Robert Downey Jr. is "old" per se, but I think he does Iron Man proud. I would much rather have an actor who can carry the role. With all the special effects and CGI that they have nowadays, they can make anyone look like a bada** if they need to!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast