+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Batman vs Superman

Re: Batman vs Superman

Yes, shame on me for even suggesting Denzel might be too old. But I was surprised that he is 60! Not that many years younger than me, but I definitely am sure I am too old to play a super hero except to my grand kids. Did I ever tell you how I caught a serial bank robber for the FBI? I do remind the kiddies of my hero status! :>)

I did watch the new Superman last night. Very cute new guy! I know nothing about comics (I liked Little Lulu), so I'm ignorant of who might be from Marvel or DC. I should have said "Justice League" type franchise. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this movie.
    Leftcoaster and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Yes, shame on me for even suggesting Denzel might be too old. But I was surprised that he is 60! Not that many years younger than me, but I definitely am sure I am too old to play a super hero except to my grand kids. Did I ever tell you how I caught a serial bank robber for the FBI? I do remind the kiddies of my hero status! :>)

I did watch the new Superman last night. Very cute new guy! I know nothing about comics (I liked Little Lulu), so I'm ignorant of who might be from Marvel or DC. I should have said "Justice League" type franchise. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this movie.
    Avengers, (Ironman, Thor, Hulk), Spiderman, Xmen are from Marvel Comic Books.

Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman are from DC.

There was always a bit of rivalry between the two and you can see it with the similar characters. Marvel has The Avengers and DC has The Justice League.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did you see the story about the new characters in the Avengers? I wish I could remember the names again - she is Scarlet something. Anyway, he is a character that will also show up in the new X-Men movie. Apparently the reason he has not appeared in either before now is because both were claiming rights to him. As I understand it, he will appear in both movies - but neither movie can do anything to affect him in the other . . . including, apparently in Avengers they can not refer to him as a mutant. So even in one family it appears there are squabbles and contracts required! And the people behind the Avengers have repeatedly said in statements that Spiderman will never show up in an Avengers movie - that franchise has its own story. Which I think just means it is only a matter of time before he does - just like Batman!!

ETA: From IMDB: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver - and Quicksilver is the one who will be appearing in both.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Did you see the story about the new characters in the Avengers? I wish I could remember the names again - she is Scarlet something. Anyway, he is a character that will also show up in the new X-Men movie. Apparently the reason he has not appeared in either before now is because both were claiming rights to him. As I understand it, he will appear in both movies - but neither movie can do anything to affect him in the other . . . including, apparently in Avengers they can not refer to him as a mutant. So even in one family it appears there are squabbles and contracts required! And the people behind the Avengers have repeatedly said in statements that Spiderman will never show up in an Avengers movie - that franchise has its own story. Which I think just means it is only a matter of time before he does - just like Batman!!

ETA: From IMDB: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver - and Quicksilver is the one who will be appearing in both.

Josh Whedon has finished the draft of Avengers 2 and has both The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver appearing. Since The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are the children of Magneto they are also tagged to appear in the new X-Men movie. This can happened because of the way the contract between Fox and Marvel Studios.

How QUICKSILVER & SCARLET WITCH Can Be Cross-Franchise Movie Stars with AVENGERS and X-MEN | Newsarama.com

The Maximoff twins, children of Magneto, have a long history in both X-Men and Avengers comics. They've both been villains and heroes and back and forth several times over. Now they're once again juggling two worlds, but this time it's two film worlds.

Today came news that Whedon and Marvel Studios have almost certainly found their Wanda Maximoff, Scarlet Witch, in Elizabeth Olsen. Rumored for the role for the last couple of months, it seems Samuel L. Jackson let slip the confirmation. Likewise, Kickass star Aaron Johnson has spoken at length about playing Quicksilver for Marvel Studios, something not yet 100% confirmed by either party.

Of course, we know that Quicksilver also appears in X-Men: Days of Future Past from Fox, by way of Evan Peters. That film has already completed principal photography.

So how does that happen? They're a peculiar case, as they're mutants and the children of Magneto, and would thus seem to fall into the Fox-licensed X-Men franchise, yet they're both closely associated with the Avengers, and were in fact some of the earliest recruits to the team in the comic books. Basically, if Fox wanted to use them, they could, or if Marvel Studios wanted to, they could as well. And it looks like they both want to.

How is this all going to work? Details are still very fuzzy, but here are our five best guesses, focused primarily on Pietro, as he's the only confirmed one appearing in both.

PS: Sony owns the film rights to Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Don't be too quick to alter course.

You're as good as your last flick. How long does Washington still provide enough bang for the buck?

I thought Eastwood was too old, thought Ford was too old, Willis still has too much attitude to spare for me to consider him too old. Eastwood and Ford gravitated toward roles later where I was able to cheer the old geezer on. I just hate a 60 something dude chasing a gal still in her childbearing years. Looks pathetic to me, even if name recognition makes a few bucks. Alter the character to account for the age, and they can still be heroes till they drop, IMO.
    Punkin likes this.

The movie was scheduled to be out 2015 but it was just announced on the local news that the movie will not be out until May 2016 to give the writers more time to develop the story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12