+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

Since I have already done all the big films with the family for the holidays I went with my movie buddy to see this. Very pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed the beginning, the middle and the end. Ben Stiller does triple duty as producer, director and star and it is a nicely done film. I think it is better than the critics gave it credit for and there are no swear words, no stupid sex or nudity scenes and no gratuitous violence or loud explosions.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

I've always liked Ben Stiller's work quite well and I haven't seen this movie yet, but Danny Kaye is awfully hard to replace in any film he ever made. His Walter Mitty was considered one of his best. I think he'll always been Walter Mitty to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've always liked Ben Stiller's work quite well and I haven't seen this movie yet, but Danny Kaye is awfully hard to replace in any film he ever made. His Walter Mitty was considered one of his best. I think he'll always been Walter Mitty to me.
    Well, I didn't see the Danny Kaye film so I really had nothing to compare it with. They filmed up in Greenland and Iceland and the light is beautiful on film.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

This was a beautiful labor of love from Ben Stiller. My respect for him has grown considerably with this film. This type of movie was perfect for year end contemplation. The scenery was just gorgeous, and the movie was such a journey. I didn't move the entire time I was in the theater!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I re-read the short story yesterday (out loud to my hubby while he was driving) in preparation to go see the film. I hadn't read the story in about 50 years, but I still remembered, "ta pocketa pocketa pocketa."

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

The scenery was beautiful. The story was pleasant. Other than that, I was disappointed. There was so little relationship to the wonderful original story by James Thurber.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

+ Reply to Thread