+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Frozen

Frozen

Frozen - Rotten Tomatoes

Featuring the voices of Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, "Frozen" is the coolest comedy-adventure ever to hit the big screen. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna, a fearless optimist, teams up with extreme mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer Sven on an epic journey to find Anna's sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Encountering mystical trolls, a funny snowman named Olaf, Everest-like extremes and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction. (c) Disney
    While I enjoyed the film, the sisters, the ice and snow, Olaf and Sven and it is a good family film and kids and adults can both enjoy it there was a little bite missing that would have made this a great film. I still think Tangled is better.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Frozen

I have taken my kids to see this twice now (ages 4 and 5). They loved it and have been singing the songs for days. I will admit that so have I - the songs are incredible. I think I read somewhere that this is the next one they are talking about making into a live stage show. I really enjoyed the story. Quite frankly, my favorite part was that Disney seems to be moving into the 21st century. It was not about a prince saving a princess. It was a love story between two sisters - and I thought that was really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have taken my kids to see this twice now (ages 4 and 5). They loved it and have been singing the songs for days. I will admit that so have I - the songs are incredible. I think I read somewhere that this is the next one they are talking about making into a live stage show. I really enjoyed the story. Quite frankly, my favorite part was that Disney seems to be moving into the 21st century. It was not about a prince saving a princess. It was a love story between two sisters - and I thought that was really cool!

I just read and article that before all of Disney's animated films had been written by men, produced by men, drawn by men and directed by men. This film is a departure because it was written and directed by a women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/mo...ueen.html?_r=0

Is it significant that Jennifer Lee, who directed “Frozen” with Chris Buck, is billed as the first female director of a Disney animated feature film? Perhaps. Ms. Lee is credited as the screenwriter of a story that she and Mr. Buck developed with Shane Morris.
    Also don't be surprised if this film is adapted to a Broadway show.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Also don't be surprised if this film is adapted to a Broadway show.
    I won't be surprised at all. The songs are all very Broadway worthy.

Yes, I will be shocked if at least one of the two main songs (First Time in Forever and Let It Go) is not nominated for an Academy award.

+ Reply to Thread