+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

Re: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

I'm not surprised. When we went to see it last week (after it had been out a month), the theater was completely full. And this was not an evening show - this was a Sunday afternoon. People came in late and went to get refunds because they didn't want to sit in the very front row. By comparison, we went to see Anchorman 2 yesterday (which has only been out a few weeks) and my husband and I were the only two in the theater.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Saw it today at 3 in the afternoon (on a school day)....definitely not packed, but not empty either. It's been a long time since I read the books so I'd forgotten a lot of stuff--which makes the movie more enjoyable. Sadly there were several points where I missed the dialogue even with the audio headphones on...wishing for captioning. Hope this is not an problem for me for all future movies. And I LOVED Katniss' dress--the bridal gown that turned into a mockingjay---there are some things that are better in pictures than in writing! The wedding dress was of course too frou frou, but the transformation was spectacular.
    Cootie and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Saw it today at 3 in the afternoon (on a school day)....definitely not packed, but not empty either. It's been a long time since I read the books so I'd forgotten a lot of stuff--which makes the movie more enjoyable. Sadly there were several points where I missed the dialogue even with the audio headphones on...wishing for captioning. Hope this is not an problem for me for all future movies. And I LOVED Katniss' dress--the bridal gown that turned into a mockingjay---there are some things that are better in pictures than in writing! The wedding dress was of course too frou frou, but the transformation was spectacular.
    Her relationship with Cinna was one of my favs in this movie. And that dress was spectacular in it's trasformed state! Wow! I read the trilogy, my SO did not and we both enjoyed this movie immensely. But he was pretty surprised and disappointed to be left hanging at the end He needs to read a bit more, I am thinking.
    AmyKay and SpringMaiden27 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234